Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good baby Bad Baby (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 17 Replies

What do you say when people ask you if your baby is a "good" baby?

I think it's kind of a dumb question. What's an appropriate answer? "No, he's a bad baby, we're thinking about tossing him and getting a new one." Or: "Yes, he's a good baby, he's JUST ripe!" How about, "He's a really bad baby. He smokes, drinks, swears like a sailor, and came out flipping a double birdie!" "He's a bad baby, we beat him every night!"

I've decided my answer to this question will always be: "He's the BEST baby in the WORLD!" and if they're worth talking to, I'll tell them he's not an easy baby.

What about you?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Elizabeth
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I get that question too, and usually in reference to my other two children. "Is he a better baby?" is what I hear. It's a tough one to answer, and I usually end up telling the asker some of the good qualities each of my sons has...kind of avoiding the question all together!

-- Elizabeth

cs_1498
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I usually say that all three of mine were good babies, one of the twins had colic and there were two of them and DH was deployed so it was much harder for me but they were still both good babies and after handling 2 alone, of course Hero is easy. One will always be easier than 2 at this stage.

Mama of twin girls

Samantha Nicole  October 28, 2006

Kalia Jade October 29, 2006

Daniel James September 21, 2009

ErinHill226
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I always say she was/is a very good baby. Assuming "bad" means one who cries a lot, although I know ALL babies are "good" and that even if my new addition has colic I'll love him/her just the same... but I can say that after we switched to formula and dd was no longer always hungry...she was excellent. My dream baby. Only cried when she was hungry or scared...and the rest of the time she sat  happily playing or looking around and taking everything in. So although all babies are GOOD...I do hope and pray my next one has her temperment since I work and will be in school this time!

nily
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I think I'm the only mom that admit that her baby is a little bit evil HAHAHAHAHA. Everyone say Joseph is such a good baby but because I have him all the time with me know how evil he can get sometimes LOL. He fake choking, scream and hit over things, he is 14 months old and already visit the ''thinking corner'' a few times, he hug daddy like I was mean to him and then smiles when no one is looking, trow toys, give bad look ufff he is really hard work. But when he hug me and kiss me he makes me thing that no matter all that he is my little angel.

ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM

"She's the best baby I have ever dealt with." She's the only baby I have ever dealt with, so it is not a lie. 

mommy2cristian
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Quoting nily:

I think I'm the only mom that admit that her baby is a little bit evil HAHAHAHAHA. Everyone say Joseph is such a good baby but because I have him all the time with me know how evil he can get sometimes LOL. He fake choking, scream and hit over things, he is 14 months old and already visit the ''thinking corner'' a few times, he hug daddy like I was mean to him and then smiles when no one is looking, trow toys, give bad look ufff he is really hard work. But when he hug me and kiss me he makes me thing that no matter all that he is my little angel.

Lol!  People will tell me all the time that Jayden, my youngest, seems like a good baby.  Better than his brother but I always let them know that's not entirely the case.  Your youngest sounds like my oldest when he does something wrong & says "don't hurt me, Mommy!"  As if he gets in trouble that often.  He does get hit but usually only 1 time & not hard at all.  Not like when I was a kid.  Other day he told his cousin he wanted to take off his shirt to show where I hit him with the spatula which I've never done.  He's been hit with one but on the leg & usually laughs afterwards.  Anyway, I told DB I'll be in real trouble if he starts doing it in public or telling people because my family thinks I should beat him because I never do. :)  My youngest is always doing this "woe is me" breakdown crawl & now will lay flat on the floor as if he can't take it anymore.  But they're good kids & bad kids at times. 

nily
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:28 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Quoting nily:

Lol!  People will tell me all the time that Jayden, my youngest, seems like a good baby.  Better than his brother but I always let them know that's not entirely the case.  Your youngest sounds like my oldest when he does something wrong & says "don't hurt me, Mommy!"  As if he gets in trouble that often.  He does get hit but usually only 1 time & not hard at all.  Not like when I was a kid.  Other day he told his cousin he wanted to take off his shirt to show where I hit him with the spatula which I've never done.  He's been hit with one but on the leg & usually laughs afterwards.  Anyway, I told DB I'll be in real trouble if he starts doing it in public or telling people because my family thinks I should beat him because I never do. :)  My youngest is always doing this "woe is me" breakdown crawl & now will lay flat on the floor as if he can't take it anymore.  But they're good kids & bad kids at times. 

jessigarrett
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:33 PM

MY HUSBAND LIKES TO TELL PPL THAT ARE GIRLS ARE GOOD CAUSE WE BEAT THEM WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING! LOL ITS GREAT TO SEE THE REACTIONS

nicolemstacy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I always say that there's no such thing as a good or bad baby. At times we jokingly say we have bad babies cuz they're handfuls at times lol, but that's always my answer. I don't refer to her as good or bad, just my blessing. I'm not dogging on ppl that do call their kids good or bad, btw. That's just what I say when I'm asked.

lilmomma050207
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM

If I feel like actually talking to that person I typically say she/he (I have one of each and a boy on the way) is a good baby, however they have their moments because they need to learn boundaries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)