Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you really want a baby you will make it work

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

how do you guys feel about this saying? i was having a conversation with one of my friends she said she wanted to be a mommy and i told her she shouldnt mostly bc i know her and her bf spend money like they are millionaries are in debt and always broke but she wants a kid and its not willing to give up her shopping habit... but not everyone knows that about her so this other girl butts into my conversation and says if you really want a kid you will make it work. which kinda pissed me off bc its like what if i was talking with a friend who has a drug addiction and doesnt wanna give it up? and she goes and tells her you will make it work just go and have a kid. or if the girl is 14 and wants a kid i just hate it when people just say things without knowing the actual situation and btw this friend had an abortion like 5 months ago and now she wants a kid (w/ the same guy)... please ne feed back?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carliemarie1015
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I'd have to say it depends on the situation. and I hate judging situations and the people involved...I'll never know the whole story and all that, KWIM?

but I DO believe that some people should just NOT be breeding.

Mary229
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM

LOL - this:

Quoting carliemarie1015:

I DO believe that some people should just NOT be breeding.

Mom71307
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Well, I feel that one should be married prior to even thinking about doing the act that having a baby requires!  If a couple is not married, they should not bring a child into this world.  No, marriage is no garuntee that a couple will remain together, however, that is a crucial step in my opinion... YES, I am old fashioned.  And, one should be completely financially stable prior to bringing children into the picture, however, sometimes that is not possible.  I do feel that being a parent requires placing onesself on the back burner and placing the child in the forefront.  Sacrifice is a huge thing about being a parent and if she can't make sacrifices of herself before bringing a child in this world, there is no garuntee she will once the kid is here.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM

That's total crap, IMO. You're entitled to your own. But people have been having children and raising families long before the social construct of marriage was invented. 

Quoting Mom71307:

Well, I feel that one should be married prior to even thinking about doing the act that having a baby requires!  If a couple is not married, they should not bring a child into this world.  No, marriage is no garuntee that a couple will remain together, however, that is a crucial step in my opinion... YES, I am old fashioned.  And, one should be completely financially stable prior to bringing children into the picture, however, sometimes that is not possible.  I do feel that being a parent requires placing onesself on the back burner and placing the child in the forefront.  Sacrifice is a huge thing about being a parent and if she can't make sacrifices of herself before bringing a child in this world, there is no garuntee she will once the kid is here.

DarthMom001
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Nobody knows how they'll be after a baby. My husband and I were totally different people before our kids were born. We waited until we were 30. When you have kids you just do what you have to do.

jajamama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM

does she want a baby or is this just sme late remorse over the abortion mabey shes been wondering oh what woudl my babyhave looked like or osmethign like that, i would see if mabey its jsut her finaly reacting to the emotional issues of her abortion sometiems people jsut put it ot of there mind for a hwile cause they cant deal iwth it right then and it cna surface in starange ways

CafeMom Tickers
expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Well, I do believe that if you want something bad enough you make it work but on the other hand, having children does involve some level of sacrifice too. Some people may have to sacrifice more than others but that is something that you as a parent is willing to do. I also do agree that some people really should not have children too. Unfortunately though that is not up to us to decided. All you can do is just hope that if they bring a baby into the world, they realize when they see that baby that some things will need to change. I do understand your concern though.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

Mom71307
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Untrue... EARLY Bible times discuss the process by which people had to get married and extramarital relations were very frowned upon... I am talking Old Testament here... Adam and Eve even.

Quoting ballewal:

That's total crap, IMO. You're entitled to your own. But people have been having children and raising families long before the social construct of marriage was invented. 

Quoting Mom71307:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM

And I am referring to the groups of people who came before them. 

Quoting Mom71307:

Untrue... EARLY Bible times discuss the process by which people had to get married and extramarital relations were very frowned upon... I am talking Old Testament here... Adam and Eve even.

Quoting ballewal:

Quoting Mom71307:

ladyluke2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I don't like to judge so I won't but I think that if she really wants a baby, she will stop her habits and make it work.  I agree with you though, if she can't stop spending money like that, then she needs to wait until she can. 

Lovin' Wife of John & Proud Momma to Ashley-22 (Lovin' Wife to Pat & Momma to Liam), Matt-19,Tim-18,Tasha-16, Becca-15, Davy-12, Tommy-7 & Elijah-10mos. & Gramma of Sarah-2 & Liam-5mos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)