Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs of Miscarriage?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I Am currently almost 11 weeks pregnancy and I am worry day in day out about having a miscarriage. Are any of you know what are the signs to look for? I have heard that some people do not know they had a miscarriage because there are no signs. Gosh it is going to be a long journey with me worrying about every little things. Thanks ladies.

pregnancy week by week">pregnancy week by week

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WhiteRose071406
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM

You are 11weeks now?

At 11weeks you will know if you are MC or not. I had a MC at 9.5weeks. It hurt worse then anything. There would be lots of bleeding, and cramping.

I also had a MC at 5.5weeks. The cramping wasn't as bad as the first but their was also bleeding.

You can spot a little during a pregnancy but bleeding like you were on a period if a red flag something is wrong.

For me it felt like I was having period cramps but much much worse. I was also bleeding and the bleeding had lots of clots.

jjessers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:27 PM

If you want my honest opinion.....

If it's just because your fearful of having a miscarriage....Don't LOOK for signs....When you LOOK....you usually have a symptom...whether a phantom symptom or not. Than get all worked up and worried...when in reality ...it is not a miscarriage going on. This stresses your body ...which is no good for you or the baby .

Just live your life everyday...Normally.

Try your hardest to NOT worry so much ....you just might worry yourself sick.

BTW.....Is this your first????

sallymoon
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM

After 6 - 8 weeks, the risk of miscarriage drops significantly, so you've already passed the biggest risk zone.  Just be sure to call your doctor if you have any worrisome symptoms or serious pain, something that doesn't feel right.  Your doctor is used to getting called a million times for every little thing, so never worry that you're calling over nothing.  One of the largest causes of pregnancy loss is car accidents, so drive safely, stay alert, and always wear your seat belt.  Other than those few things, there's not much you can do.  Every time you have an OB appointment, use it as confirmation that everything is fine.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and uneventful.

WhiteRose071406
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I also agree. Try not to worry.

Quoting jjessers:

If it's just because your fearful of having a miscarriage....Don't LOOK for signs....When you LOOK....you usually have a symptom...whether a phantom symptom or not. Than get all worked up and worried...when in reality ...it is not a miscarriage going on. This stresses your body ...which is no good for you or the baby .

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM

First of all the worst thing you can do is worry and stress yourself. Just try your best to relax. I have never had a MC but my understanding is that it is really painful and you bleed a lot. Usually once you get into the second trimester which is at 12 weeks, you are all set. Is this your first? GL and keep positive happy thoughts =]

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2.

newmom2be08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I was petrified that I was going to miscarry with our son.  I checked the TP everytime I went to the bathroom looking for blood.  My DH didn't help matters either as he kept telling me that we could miscarry in the first trimester.  UGH!  I never did miscarry and now we have a beautiful 18 month-old little boy who is happy and healthy.  Try not to worry, but if you have severe cramping and/or blood, please call your doctor.  Good luck to you mama!

aznblond9
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Quoting WhiteRose071406:

You are 11weeks now?

At 11weeks you will know if you are MC or not. I had a MC at 9.5weeks. It hurt worse then anything. There would be lots of bleeding, and cramping.

I also had a MC at 5.5weeks. The cramping wasn't as bad as the first but their was also bleeding.

You can spot a little during a pregnancy but bleeding like you were on a period if a red flag something is wrong.

For me it felt like I was having period cramps but much much worse. I was also bleeding and the bleeding had lots of clots.

Hi. Im so sorry about your loss so sorry. Yes I am 10 weeks and 5 days now.

aznblond9
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Quoting jjessers:

You would think it is my first right? Nope this is my second. Im just a worry wreck in general. LOL

aznblond9
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Thank you so much ladies. This baby is my second. I was worried with my son as well. Thanks. Im a wreck no matter how many pregnancies i am going to have. I will always get worried until i hold the baby in my arms. And then ill get worried when they go to day care. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)