Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rolling over... HELP

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is almost 5 months old and still wont roll over...  Im worried shesnot developing properly in that area...  I give her tummy time and she just screams till she falls asleep...  Any advice on how to encourage her and help her roll on her own....

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrs.reece
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:06 PM

my lo was the same way! you can put a toy just out of reach and that will give her something to work for! mine is now 21 months and is doing just fine!! don't worry she will do things in her own time!

MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Continue giving her tummy time, and get yourself on your tummy next to her so she doesn't feel like she is being abandoned.  Don't forget to give her time to sit up too - prop her up with pillows. 

At 5 months I wouldn't worry too much.  My niece didn't roll over until she was about 7 months old, and then she went straight to crawling and is one of the most coordinated toddlers I've ever seen.

rainbowbabe220
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I do that...  she actually sits up by her self already, and she scoots her body around but she wont roll...

Quoting MomToBeISaMom:

Continue giving her tummy time, and get yourself on your tummy next to her so she doesn't feel like she is being abandoned.  Don't forget to give her time to sit up too - prop her up with pillows. 

At 5 months I wouldn't worry too much.  My niece didn't roll over until she was about 7 months old, and then she went straight to crawling and is one of the most coordinated toddlers I've ever seen.

Veronica.P
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Don't worry about it too much. Alayna did roll over at 3 months. We were so thrilled! She sat up quickly too, but she didn't start walking until 2 weeks ago and she's 13 months (14 months on Dec 6th). So don't worry. Some kids do things quickly and some like to take their time.

JewelsE
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Every baby is different.  I wouldn't worry about that yet.  : )  My little guy rolled from his tummy to his back by about 4 months, but then he didn't roll from his back to his tummy until about 7 months.  Unless your peditrician is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it.  : )

luvmyboysjj
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Don't worry I'm goin thru the same thing! My son is 7 months and he still doesn't roll. He sits up by himself but will not roll and it not getting on his hands and knees to start to crawl. Many people have convinced me though that every child is different and they will do it when they are ready or they will just go from sitting to cruising on furniture and then walking  but never crawling so I don't know I'm just waiting to see with my own son. If you feel worried though ask your ped. they should know whether ur LO is behind or just working at their own pace!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)