Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Lost Their Patience with LO

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever lost your patience?

Options:

yes

maybe

sometimes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

My daughter who is about to be 15 month on Dec 5th. She doesn't like the words 'no', 'there's no more (food or drinks)' or 'stop'. Is there anyway to have any kind of discipline for her to make her understand that she can't do certain things. I technically work 3 jobs for anyone to understand where I'm coming from.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Continue to use no, try redirecting her, ect. I can't think of anything else right now.

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I agree with the re-directing her attention, although I understand what you're saying about how it is possible to lose patience. It sometimes happens to me when I'm trying to do something else, and my LO keeps doing something he's not supposed to. Whenever I really need to get something done, I set him up in the Pack n Play with some toys and let him entertain himself for a little bit. That usually (fingers crossed!) works.

:-) Elizabeth

marriedmomma3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I have no patience lol

pregnancy

baby

babies
chamelinmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM

usually i give her a pat in the butt. i know some dont like it, but it works for us, then we send her to bed in her room

Jessy613
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Quoting marriedmomma3:

I have no patience lol

floodalchemist
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Quoting chamelinmom:

usually i give her a pat in the butt. i know some dont like it, but it works for us, then we send her to bed in her room

She laughs when I do that.

jessigarrett
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:08 AM

MY GIRLS ARE A BIT OLDER BUT AROUND THAT AGE WHEN I WOULD TELL THEM NO OR WE ARE ALL OUT IF THEY CRIED I PUT THEM IN TIME OUT AND TOLD THEM WE DONT THROW FITS AND THEY COULD GET OFF THE COUCH WHEN THEY STOPPED THROWING THEIR FIT AND GOT DONE CRYING!! WELL NOW IF THEY ARE CRYING ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SAY " GET DONE" AND THEY WILL STOP THROWING THEIR LITTLE TIFFY!! I THINK IT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IT SAVES SOOO MUCH DRAMA TIME......

AneesasMom
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:18 AM

My soon to be 3 year old daughter is a fiesty little one and she started on her "terrible twos" when she was a little over 18 months old.  Putting her in time out...a corner where there is nothing for her to do or stare out except for a white wall...or even in her room w/o toys or anything.  You gotta be consistent.  This stage will pass and she will continue to test you on how far she can get away with it. 

Also, taking away her favorite tv shows and/or toy that she is currently watching or playing is a good disciplinary action.  When it comes to food and other things, my husband and I firmly instill the "OK mommy" or "OK daddy."  Basically, whenever she starts throwing a fit or about to throw a fit when we say "no more" or "no" or "stop"....we tell her..."You don't tell me no.  I'm your mommy.  You say, 'OK, mommy.'  You don't get what you want by throwing a fit. Say "OK, mommy.""  And we kept doing that to her over and over again and now whenever she starts a fit...we give her our serious stare and she automatically says "OK mommy" and listens.  It teaches her that we are in control not her.

Oh, and when she starts having tantrums, we also instill "I don't understand whining.  Use your words.  Tell mommy or daddy what you want."  Consistency.  You'll start sounding like a broken record but it does work.  Be patient and firm.  And remember, this will pass.  Being so young, start off with putting her in a corner.  (This will tell her that talking back will get her no where but the corner.)  Then to the "Ok mommy"s and/or "no whining" thing.  I hope this helps.  =)

cs_1498
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Quoting marriedmomma3:

I have no patience lol

Mama of twin girls

Samantha Nicole  October 28, 2006

Kalia Jade October 29, 2006

Daniel James September 21, 2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)