Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep help?? (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM
  • 2 Replies

So Camden does not sleep through the night yet, which I know many babies don't yet and that's fine.  He used to wake just once between midnight and 1, nurse for 10 min and go back to bed.  The past week or so he's been waking and fussing & crying off and on for hours.  I think we've figured out the problem-  he loves to be swaddled and it's the only way he'll fall asleep.  But he breaks out of his swaddle (we use the swaddleme blankets so they are as tight as you're going to get them) and it wake him up.  He then can't fall back to sleep on his own because he's flapping his arms around.  Any suggestions?  We tried a sleep sac but that still leaves his arms out.  Is there anything we can do other than endure weeks and weeks of this till he gets used to it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Marti123
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Have you looked at the Miracle Blanket? I put my son in that, and even though he fusses at first like the dickens with his arms in that little "straight-jacket", once he falls asleep--he'll sleep all night. I wish I had discovered it with my first. It is really hard for them to break out of.

mimi0884
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Thanks for the idea.  I was wondering though- It says that it fits up to 4 months, which my son is now.  I hate to spend the $$ if it's not going to last very long.

Quoting Marti123:

Have you looked at the Miracle Blanket? I put my son in that, and even though he fusses at first like the dickens with his arms in that little "straight-jacket", once he falls asleep--he'll sleep all night. I wish I had discovered it with my first. It is really hard for them to break out of.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)