Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler bed ?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

2 days ago we converted our son's crib to the toddler bed. Last night he fell out, which we figured would happen. After he fell out he was afraid to get back in & ended up sleeping in our bed. I know this can't go on everytime he falls out. What were some of the things y'all did to get your LO's used to the toddler bed?

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Does your toddler bed have a toddler rail on it?  If not, you can purchase a side rail separately that fit all beds.

CafeMom Tickerssanta blue

ColtonKeatonMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I never had a problem. Both boys loved their toddler beds....

bump for you

Armywife6
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Yes & no, it has a rail but it only covers about 1/2 of the side

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Does your toddler bed have a toddler rail on it?  If not, you can purchase a side rail separately that fit all beds.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

Ayla-bellesmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I don't know. We just bought Ayla a toddler bed, and we're going to wait until Christmas to set it up. We just got a really pretty one (Tinkerbell, with a canopy) just so that she would get excited about sleeping in it. We also made sure it was a character she likes. Hopefully that works out, we'll see! Good luck! 

LKLMommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:32 PM

i never used the rail that came with the crib for the toddler bed, i bought a regular bed rail because its bigger. we didnt have a problem with it. i would suggest getting a bigger rail.

SandraB383
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Chloe went straight to a day bed and we too use the bigger safety rail :)

navywifey2006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM

when my oldest went to a toddler bed i sat in his room for a couple days until he fell asleep...the first night he fell out of it after i left and just slept on the floor. my middle son had no problems bc his older brother was in one too so he felt ok about it.

Armywife6
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Part of the reason we put him in a toddler bed is because he was putting 1 leg part of the way over the side of the crib when it was all the way up & we didn't want him to fall. I can see if we got a side rail him climbing over that & falling anyway. He did fine the during 3 naps & 1 night & it was in the middle of the night that he fell out. He thinks it's great that he can crawl into & outta bed by himself now.

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I never used a toddler bed. What I did was put a twin mattress on the floor in the same position the crib was in and then once my DS got really used to it...I put it up on the the box spring and frame and all that. He's fallen out maybe 2 times in the 20 months he's been in one. But he wasn't afraid to get back in it.

trish2tew
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Try rolling up a big blanket and sticking under the sheet at the edge of the matress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)