Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this...normal???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

(before i start, neither of the pictures are mine, they are just being used for a mental picture)

my son has learned to crawl!!!! which is great but he doesnt crawl like normal babies ive seen.  his left leg (when he crawls) is sorta like stading ish positioin like this,  but his knee is still kinda bent..when he crawls his right leg is stationed like this,  but its more like the ankle is attached to his butt, like he is sitting on it and the problem from there is, the right leg remains like that and he drags it behind him...it looks weird and tho he doesnt seem in pain im worried about him crawling like that...is this normal or am i justified enough to go and have his legs looked at???

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM

if he isnt in pain and it doesnt both him dont try to fix it, its not broken..all babies learn to move around in their own way that works..some babies never crawl, some scoot on their butt till the walk, some skip crawling altogether.. if ur really worried by all means take him to his doc but i dont think by wut u have said here that there is a problem..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Mamagirlz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM

If I'm picturing it right I've seen other babies do this.  They all have grown of it and was fine.  For some reason that's how they wanted to move around. 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM

All babies are different. My son did the army crawl for the longest time before he finally learned to crawl right. I would not worry if he does not seem to be bothered by it.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)