Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CONTEST: What’s In Your JUNK Drawer?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM
  • 132 Replies

Do you have a drawer in your house where all the random things go? In my house it's called the "junk" drawer --  even though there are prescious things in there!

Tell us What's in Your Junk Drawer and enter to win a $25 Wal*Mart gift card! One winner will be chosen randomly.

For a second chance to win, clean your junk drawer and post your before and after pictures. One winner who does that too will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift card.

Have fun!

The Official Rules 

To enter the What's in YourJunk Drawer contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, enter your reply (photo, words, etc.). Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button. 

* To enter this contest, post a reply in this post.
* Replies must be posted between
December 14 at 2:00 PM EST and December 21 at 9 AM.
* This contest will end on
December 21 at 9 AM.
* Two winners will be selected randomly.
* The winners will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
* Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
* Two winners will receive a Walmart Gift Card for $25
* Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marywilliams
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM

If only it were just a drawer!   We have a storage room on the back of the house that is jam packed with junk.  The kitchen table is always piled with stuff and if there is a flat surface available, my husband will put something there.  I threatened to get a big box and dump everything in it.  Give it a week and what isn't put away will be donated.  It's driving me crazy!!!!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

brwneyeddaisy1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I have things like birthday cards, wedding favors, crossword puzzles, coin wrappers, etc.  It's the drawer beside my bed.

sapphiresoda
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Rubber bands, a container of thumbtacks, twist ties, zip ties, random instruction manuals for various toys and appliances, a rubber ball I confiscated from the kids, nails, and coupons I meant to use.

Chrissy0918
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:15 PM

OMG.. my junk drawer is awful! lol. lets see.

there are school papers I want to keep of my sons

our rental agreement

change

random coupons

current bills

some excema cream for my son

blue ribbon

phase 10 card game

some things i kept out of a newspaper.

rubber bands

ink pens

a screw driver

crap that I dont even know what it is.

Oh, i said current bills, there are also old bills. lol

I am going to clean my drawer out either tonight or tomorrow and post the pics! This should be interesting!!

Im a mommy, a wifey, a daughter, a sister and a best friend. I love my crazy, unorganized life, and I live each day to the fullest, and I savor each moment of each day. I married my best friend 3 years ago. The road for Cory and I has been a hard one, but we will make it. Im a vaccinating, disposable diaper,cio believer, front facing @ 1year & 20 pounds, formula feeding, spanking when the time calls for it,  smoking and occasional drinking, anti-abortion, 26  year old full time workin mama and I wouldnt have it any other way. I dont think these things make me a bad mom, its just that I may do things different than  you do but that doesnt make me any better or  worse than you!

Proud Mama to: Ethan 2/15/02  Trentan 7/28/06 and Sullevan 4/9/09

sweetpz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Virtually EVERYTHING!

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM

In my junk drawer:

nail clippers

birthday cards

wrapping paper

receipts -- random ones that I really don't need to save anymore

phone carger

coins (that I moved to my kids' piggy bank)

small jelly containers from a recent hotel stay

random business cards

funny cartoon I clipped from a magazine

checkbook

$10 (woohoo!!! what a find!)

pens

hand lotion

lip stuff

paper clips

kaidenm2b
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM

i have like 5 junk drawers LITERATLY and it bugs me sooo much. matter of fact i am definately cleaning them out this weekend.. but in all 5 of ours are:

pictures, batteries, tools, nails, instruction manuals for random products, coupons that i promise to use but never do (cause i forget they r there), um things that dont mean ANYTHING but i feel have a special memory LOL half im sure is dumb.. idk.. but those r the main things!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
starburst1680
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Ours isn't too bad but we've only been married a year and a half. There is:

pens (lots of pens)

scotch tape

Sharpies

safety pins

ruler

leveler

glue

rubber bands

twist ties

pencils

letter opener

basket

paper clips

small stapler

staples

oven mits

sewing kit

Married to my high school sweetheart since June 2008
Diagnosed with PCOS in 2000
Kathryn Grace born 11/16/09

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'm a 20-something, vaccinating, separate sleeping, working, exclusive breast feeding, disposable diaper using, blogging, first time mom of a beautiful, healthy baby girl who I love with all my heart!
ChristiansMom31
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Practically anything you can think of...lol 

abstractmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Ummm...

Condoms, dog treats, batteries, bungee cord, tape, old phone, ID badge from CBS television, lock of hair, classical music Cd, gift card to food lion, voodoo doll(yes, really), nail clippers, catnip, H1N1 mask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)