Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 10 month old

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 10 month old has eczyma (sp?) and he's itchy as can be. Does anyone know something that can give him some relief? He is so itchy and cranky! It doesn't help that this appeared and he is getting 4 more teeth (he has 4 now!)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I would maybe try some of the aveno lotion with oatmeal. Have you asked the doctor? Maybe they can prescribe something. I hope you find something that works for you little one. GL

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

Larue09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM

have you tried Eucerin aquaphor cream? They have it for babies...it works wonders and is not as greasy feeling as the normal lotion! Also, maybe try some cortizone cream for the itchiness. Just the 1% is what my pedi told me.

LKLMommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM

we tried all kinds of stuff when my oldest DD had excema...ended up taking her to a dermatologist and they perscribed her Elidel and it cleared up within days and hasnt come back in 4 years.

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Take your LO to a dermatologist and ask for Hydroxyzine medicine (Atarax is the brand name I think). My DS has suffered severe eczema from 1 month and is now 33 months. He takes 3/4 tsp 3x a day. We do baths every other day and lotion him up in Aquaphor and put a feetie sleeper on him. Try the Aquaphor first if you can and see if it helps, then go to the doc for the medicine.

How bad is it? Where on your LO's body is it? This is what my DS looked like around that age...and was prescribed the Hydroxyzine and did so much better after that, itching-wise. His whole body was like that.

Artistachica
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Awww poor baby!

My DD and DS has a slight case of it. I use CORTIZONE.

I also read a moms doctor prescribed her to use selson blue(dandruff shampoo)and use it as body wash. (ask your doctor first)

Good luck mama! =)

Quoting tangleballlover:

Take your LO to a dermatologist and ask for Hydroxyzine medicine (Atarax is the brand name I think). My DS has suffered severe eczema from 1 month and is now 33 months. He takes 3/4 tsp 3x a day. We do baths every other day and lotion him up in Aquaphor and put a feetie sleeper on him. Try the Aquaphor first if you can and see if it helps, then go to the doc for the medicine.

How bad is it? Where on your LO's body is it? This is what my DS looked like around that age...and was prescribed the Hydroxyzine and did so much better after that, itching-wise. His whole body was like that.

excougarmama
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:01 AM

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=acid+mantle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=dLInS8D2IIe0tgfH2L3ZCw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CCUQrQQwAg

That is a link for Acid Mantle cream. It works for eczema and psoriasis. It's a little expensive but it takes SOOO little at a time that it lasts forever. I have psoriasis and dd#1 HAD eczema. It's wonderful!!!!!!

Elizabethsma631
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM

AW! This breaks my heart! Poor poor baby! Is he better now? what worked for you?

Quoting tangleballlover:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)