Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib vs Pack N Play

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: pack n play or crib

Options:

pack n play

crib

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

which one does your baby sleep in? ds sleeps in a pack n play and will not sleep in his crib ever for 5 minutes....hes almost 3 months old but i feel like hell never sleep in it. so i really want to get rid of it.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xynyth
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM

We have a full size crib in Xylia's room that Lucy naps in but we have a mini crib in our bedroom she sleeps in at night. Lucy sleeps in a pack and play when we travel or at g-mas house. :D

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Right now my baby is in a cradle, which I will be moving her to the pack and play here in a few days now that she is moving around more.Keep the crib, he will outgrow the pack and play. Keep trying him in the crib, he will get used to it. My oldest didn't sleep in his crib till 1, my daughter 6 months, and this one will be around 6 months before I try it.

heatherb1386
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I try to get my DS to sleep in his crib. Sometimes he will nap in it but when it comes to sleeping at night, forget it. He likes to sleep in his swing. Trying to break him of that. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Mary229
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

My oldest slept in his crib for overnight from day one but slept in his pack 'n play for naps.

My youngest slept in a bassinet when she was first born, but transitioned to her crib when she was around 4 months old.  She takes naps in her crib when she's at home, but takes naps in the pack 'n play when she's at the sitter's house.

amb_josh
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Neither...My 4 month old (almost 5 month old) sleeps in a bouncer....She has severe acid reflux and has to say simi sitting at all times. Although I do put her in bed with me at times, and prop her up on my arm.

verobearo69
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Isabella is the same way she wont last more than 5minutes on the crib if shes naping but if its bed time i'll let her fall asleep with us and then put her in her crib, she sleeps through the night no problem.

marywilliams
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Caroline sleeps in her crib.  She's slept in it for awhile now.  She's one and moves from one end to the other!  She was in a bassinette for a few months but then we moved her to the crib.  Her room is cool, dark and quiet so she sleeps better there.  We've only tried her in a pack 'n play at my mom's house and that was awful.  Not sure how it's going to be when we go for Christmas!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

Jemia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM

My almost 3 month old sleeps in a pack n play next to our bed at night but naps in a bassinet during the day.

CafeMom Tickers
MrsLittleFratto
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM

My little one sleeps in his crib and we only use the PNP at grandma's house

robibuni
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Ariel sleeps in her crib now! We transitioned her from co-sleeping with us around 4 months. So she's been sleeping in the crib for about 4 months now! Sometimes she goes to grandma's house and will sleep in the pack n play but doesn't sleep very well!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)