Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite childhood Christmas gift.....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you have a favorite Christmas gift from when you were young? If you do, what was it?

I remember one year that my father made wooden bunk beds for my dolls. That was the greatest gift and I used it for years. I wish I still had it today in case I have a daughter in the future.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
marywilliams
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I got a HUGE Raggedy Ann doll one year.  It was taller than I was.  Sadly, it fell apart in the dryer and I've never found another one like it.

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Haha I had one of those too. It was soo awesome =]

Quoting marywilliams:

I got a HUGE Raggedy Ann doll one year.  It was taller than I was.  Sadly, it fell apart in the dryer and I've never found another one like it.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

bump

MissDipper
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM

My great aunt had a porcelin doll business. One Christmas my parents bought me a beautiful porcelin doll from her. It was so special because she made it herself and my mom made the beautiful christening dress that she was wearing under the Christmas tree. I still have that doll. My aunt has since given me the antique high chair that was once hers and my grandmother's when they were babies that she now sits in.

fireflymcl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

A horse. She was a white Arabian named Raabaaska. I'm pretty sure I was in the fourth grade. She was actually a combined gift for me and my sister. We had her for 10 years till she passed.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

http://megginsleggins.blogspot.com/
mommy_mpoon
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I got my first bike from my brothers & sister, they were all working PT already and chipped in to get me a bike of my own. I've learned and been using my brother's bike for a long time, until my 7th Christmas.

nily
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:49 AM

One Three Kings Day (Jan 6th) I receive a bike it was red and shining and I notice it dint had the little wheels for beginners. When I ask my father why he said because we were going to have a daughter and father day for him to teach me. I spend all the day with my dad in the park and although I fell a few times and cry he dint gave up on teaching me. That afternoon I came home proud of myself because I knew how to ride a big girl bike but most of all...very proud of my daddy.

Wish2Be
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM

When I was 8 years old....I got a MY PET MONSTER ! It was my favorite gift for years...I still have it today @  age 27.

~ Michelle

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)