Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gran't 2 mo appointment . . . I need your opinion please (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Overall it wasn't that bad.  He had went to the doc last week because he came down with broncitis.  They said that he is not totally over his bug so they didn't give him his shots today.  They want to see him again Friday because of some coughing he is still having.  They are trying a reflux med to help because I think he is refluxing into his throat and that is causing most of his coughing/gaging.  He also mainly does it right after he eats.  They do want to keep an eye on it.

He weighed 10 lbs 7.5 oz

head 16 in

height 22 3/4 in

He's growing like a champ!!

There is another concern.  When he lays on his tummy he will not raise his head at all.  He just ruts around or goes to sleep.  He has good head control when he's sitting up.  He can keep his head up for longer periods of time all the time.  That's improving.

Does your LO hold his head up when he is on his tummy??   For how long???

He turned 11 wks on Dec 12th.

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
susie.stacy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:07 PM

my little boy was 1 month on dec 11th and he is holding his head up, but not very long. kids all do stuff at different times so i wouldne worry alot about it esp, if he is holding his head up good while sitting up. 

You can change the world with one random act of kindness at a time.

susie.stacy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM

alwo what is piog????  

You can change the world with one random act of kindness at a time.

texasgirl1611
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Quoting susie.stacy:

alwo what is piog????  

posted in other groups

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

Mom71307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM

My EBF son was 2 months Nov 26, weighed 14lbs and 24in (born at 5lbs 11oz and 19 in, 5 weeks early), holds his head up very well and at least attempts to pick it up if on his belly but he struggles there so we practice often!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Jemia
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:32 AM

My son will be 3 months on Thursday and holds his up  head when he is on his belly but only for like a min or so.

CafeMom Tickers
kwaverysmom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:10 AM

My son will be 7 weeks on Thursday.  He holds his head off the bed/floor for up to a minute. We cloth diaper and he will only do this if his is in a disposable or naked, due to the bulk of his diaper putting him off balance.  We started out with putting him on our chests when we were laying at an angle. Then would talk to him to encourage him to lift up his head. Some babies just need the incentive, like looking at mom or dad,  to lift up their heads.

Mamagirlz
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM

my 7 1/2 week old can hold her head up really good when we hold her.  but when she lays on her tummy she doesn't lift it yet. 

Miranda926
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Like someone else said all babies do things at different times.  My dd wouldn't hold her head up for nothing.  All she would do is scream, root, and go to sleep lol.  She was maybe 4 mo old when she finally got it.  She never crawled, and didn't walk until she was 15 mo old.  She will be 2 in 2 weeks : (...but she is developmentally fine and very intelligent.  Just give him some time, he will figure it out! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)