Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What ONE thing...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 23 Replies

you were worried about when you were expecting your first child that was totally unfounded. I mean other than health worries about the pregnancy. I remember being terrified of how hard it would be and how much things would change...and they did change...but in a very good way!

I also worried about messing something up and inadvertently scarring dd for life.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM

My biggest worry was the labor itself and my water breaking. I worried everyday that my water would break at my shop in the middle of a haircut and I would have to finish up before I could leave. Instead though my water broke at the doctors office when I was changing back into my clothes (I was 4 weeks early). I didn't have the embarrasment that I worried but I did have to drive myself to the hospital. What a scary feeling lol.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

torttia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I was worried I wouldn't like my son lol. And at first I think I was kinda didn't like him, so I faked it. I was pretty depressed, but I am completely over it now. I think around the time he started laughing I felt better about everything...I never took out my depression on him, I just cried ALOT lol. But I knew the whole time that I am blessed and now I feel it lol.

I am a cd in day dd at night co-sleeping baby led breast weening silly dancing and silly face making  stroller pushing coupon clipping alcohol and tobacco free anti-spanking/swatting engaged honors graduating work at home teen mom  to a nine month old baby boy check out my site for the sweetest bows http://www.myspace.com/501530048

barefootNky113
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM

the only thing that i can think of that i was totally terrified of was that my dd would have a cleft lip and/or pallette. I know that sounds silly, but everywhere i look there were pictures of children with them. i was so scared! when i got my US i made the doc take a pic of the lips so i could see them!

Photobucket

Mom71307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I was and am terrified about when my children become pre-teens and teens!  This world is corrupt and I am scared that my kids will succumb to the draw of the world and fall from God.  We pray constantly that they will become God-fearing adults who live their lives for His glory not thier own!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
jus1jess
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I was terrified of her biological father and his family corrupting her. But I got away from them and haven't seen them in a long time.

Jessica~ teen, unmarried, sexually active & in love w/ 1 man (baby's daddy, not bio-father), atheist, liberal, bisexual, gay marriage supporting, pro choice, environmentally friendly, omnivorous but vegan at heart, animal loving, drug free, natural feeding w/out a schedule, public blanketless nursing, child led weaning, delayed/slow solid intro, junk food banning, co sleeping, toddler carrying/wearing, used to cloth diaper, positive potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, natural birth advocating, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet, beautiful girl

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene 

Jake_N_Desi_Mom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I Was And Still Am Scared That I Will Mess Up Raising Her Right... Now That I Have Another Child That Worry Has Lessened A Little. I Am More Scared Now Of Teen Years.

busy momMommy Of Jake And Des

LittleGirlMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I was scared I wouldn't like my child and wish my life was back to the way it was before.  I do love my child and wouldn't change my decision to have her.

smedina90
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I was scared about labor and that I would be a bad mother. I had a c-section and I am a great mother. At least I think so.

jessigarrett
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM

is it strange that i had no worries other than health problems??? and i had twins!

hotmomma8869
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I had two huge fears. First I worried about my poor baby living in society today and having to go through the terrible things to come and secondly I worried about her being ugly. I don't know why I worried about her being ugly but I did a lot. I used to dream about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)