Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with ideas for babys first bday party

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
  • 2 Replies

with the holidays i did not even think about what i was going to do for DS first B Day party on Saturday i know what food I'm making but i have no idea what kind of party favors for the other kids there is a total of six other kids from 6 to 1 years old. the other thing is my sister in law had my Nice's first b day last week they are 8 days apart and she went all out with her theme of owls which was adorable she had bags of candy tied with ribbon and she made stuffed owls for all the kids there were 13 kids I'm not trying to top her party but i like to make it nice and festive my other sister in law does nothing for her kids.  it has to bee done as cheep as possible  please any ideas are welcomed

thanks for the help i'm new here and have not posted before

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

When we did my DSs 1st birthday it was during the summer but here are some ideas for the party favors.

we did DVDs, Tattoos, bubbles, Chalk, hair brushes/clips/bands, baseballs, soccer balls, footballs, sand pails, wee had children from 4 months - 13 about 30 kids.  the 11-13 y/o we got them $5 McD gift card with a baseball

jus1jess
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I'd personally skip it. A 1 yr old can't really enjoy it. But if you wanna make it easy on yourself there are party sites that ship lots of theme based supplies right to you.

Jessica~ teen, unmarried, sexually active & in love w/ 1 man (baby's daddy, not bio-father), atheist, liberal, bisexual, gay marriage supporting, pro choice, environmentally friendly, omnivorous but vegan at heart, animal loving, drug free, natural feeding w/out a schedule, public blanketless nursing, child led weaning, delayed/slow solid intro, junk food banning, co sleeping, toddler carrying/wearing, used to cloth diaper, positive potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, natural birth advocating, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet, beautiful girl

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)