Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Stage are They in?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

We just moved my little one up from the swing into an exersaucer, and she loves it!  What stages are your little ones in?  Are they swing babies, or have they moved on?  Do you use "baby gear" like a swing or exersaucer? 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Katt709
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Oh my - we pretty much skipped the swing. We were given the Graco SweatPeace swing at a shower and used it for him. He never really liked it. He did love his bouncy seat though! We bought the jumperoo for his 4 month b-day and he loves, loves, loves it! I think it was the best thing we ever bought! He is 6 months now and I want to get this for him - 

The age guidelines say 12 months but I think Wesley would love this now (or at least in month or two) with supervision. I think I'll be getting it with the gift cards we received for Christmas.

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

My DD never enjoyed the swing.

Currently, she's in the stage where she always wants to stand. She no longer sits in her bath. Maybe while I wash her but after that, she pulls herself up and stands the whole time LOL.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping for at least 6 months, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, spanking as a last resort believing, anti-CIO until age 1, learning to cook, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, health care is a human right believing, training to be a child care assistant, trying to recycle more mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

baby growth

sopheeahsmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

My daughter is taking small steps on her own. Other than that she is at the walking toy stage.

ohmommamia
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM

My little one is no longer using any baby gear.  She is all over the place and does what she wants.  I just can't believe how quickly she has grown up and how quickly they grow out of all that expensive baby stuff we bought.

jus1jess
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM

DD never had gear phases. We were given at least one of everything: swing, play mat, exersaucer, jumper, walker, bouncy seat, yaddda yadda yadda. DD used them all once or twice and never loved them. She spent most of her time in my arms or sling then became mobile on her own. She crawled at 7 months then walked at 10.

Jessica~ teen, unmarried, sexually active & in love w/ 1 man (baby's daddy, not bio-father), atheist, liberal, bisexual, gay marriage supporting, pro choice, environmentally friendly, omnivorous but vegan at heart, animal loving, drug free, natural feeding w/out a schedule, public blanketless nursing, child led weaning, delayed/slow solid intro, junk food banning, co sleeping, toddler carrying/wearing, used to cloth diaper, positive potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, natural birth advocating, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet, beautiful girl

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)