Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Babies Name

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM
  • 44 Replies

How did you come up with your babies name?  Would you keep the same name if you could go back and change it?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ohmommamia
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM

My daughter picked the name and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!

Kyndal Dawn named by big sis Kristin DeShea

savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Caleb Jonathan.  SO picked it.  We couldn't come up with names while I was pregnant.  We would go through long list just saying no, no, no.  About an hour before I started pushing I asked SO what we were going to do.  He had been working on putting together his family history and tree.  The names Caleb and Jonathan had come up a few times.  I said ok because I didn't have any better ideas.  9mo I love his name.  I feel bad that it was a last minute decision but it was a good one.  I wouldn't change it!

baby 1stholiday

jessigarrett
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I WOULD NOT CHANGE MY GIRLS' NAMES EVER THEY FIT THEM TOO PERFECTLY..... OK HERES FOR A KINDA LONG STORY

FIRST OFF THEIR NAMES ARE ABBIGAIL PAGE AND ANJILINA LYNN WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WE DIDNT KNOW WHAT WE WERE HAVING EXCEPT THAT WE WERE HAVING TWINS TOUGH AS IT TURNED OUT I ONLY PICKED OUT GIRLS NAMES I GUESS I ALREADY KNEW BUT WE GOT ABBIGAIL'S OUT OF ONE OF THOSE STUIPD 10,000 NAMES TO CHOOSE FROM BOOKS AND HER NAME MEANS FATHERS JOY WELL MY HUSBAND ALREADY HAD ANOTHER DAUGHTER THAT HE HONESTLY NEVER GETS TO SEE IVE NEVER MET HER AND WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 31/2 YEARS AND WE WERE FRIENDS WHEN SHE WAS CONCIVED AND BORN BUT ANYWAY HER NAME IS PAIGE AND HE WANTED HER NAMED PAGE LIKE THE PAGE OF A BOOK AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO NAME MY DAUGHER PAIGE BUT THEN COULDNT (CAUSE HOW AKWARD WOULD IT BE LATER ON IN LIFE TO SAY SO PAIGE ID LIKE YOU TO MEET YOU SISTER PAIGE) SO WHEN WE DECIDED ON ABBIGAIL WE WENT WITH PAGE LIKE THE SPELLING HE WANTED AND ALSO HONORED HER AS WELL CAUSE WE DO LOVE HER NO MATTER WHAT! IT IS IRONIC THAT HER NAME MEANS FATHERS JOY THEN PAGE AND HE LOVES TO READ HE HAS TONS OF BOOKS OK ON TO ANJILINA LYNN I WAS TRYING TO THINK OF A SECOND -A- NAME TO GO WITH THE FIRST WE HAD CHOSEN (I TOO AM A TWIN AND WE ARE JESSI AND JENNI SO HAD TO KINDA MATCH) WELL I COULDNT THINK OF ONE AND LATE ONE NIGHT I WAS WATCHING TV AND STARTED TO WATCH INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO AND IT JUST SO HAPPENED THAT ANGELINA JOLIE WAS ON THERE BOTH MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE HER SO WHEN HE GOT HOME I SUGGESTED IT AND WE DECIED BUT IT HAD TO BE DIFFERENT SO WE SPELLED IT WITH J-I INSTED OF G-E AND HER MIDDLE LYNN NAME IS MY MIDDLE NAME AND MY MOTHERS MIDDLE NAME SO I WANTED TO PASS IT ON AS WELL SORRY IT WAS SO LONG BUT I DID GIVE WARNING

OH BTW THE SPELLING ON ABBIGAIL IS ALSO DIFFERENT MOST PPL USE ABIGAIL I HAD OCD WHEN IT CAME TO NAMING MY KIDS THEY HAD TO HAVE THE SAME AMMOUNT OF LETTERS IN THEIR NAME SO I ADDED AN EXTRA -B- THEY HAVE THE SAME AMMOUNT OF LETTERS IN ALL THREE NAME OBVIOUSLY THE LAST BUT FIRST AND MIDDLE AS WELL

Kenre
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Alexander Micheal - My SS. I did not name him. His mother did against DH's suggestions.

Kenré Briton - Kenré means "Vessel of the Gods". He was failing horribly and we didn't think he would make it during the pregnancy. After many spells and rituals he was born without a heartbeat, but as I begged for my goddess to give me back my child, he breathed and has been here since. He is now 2 years old, and with medical complications and allergies, but a very active little boy.

Wheylan Ricky - Wheylan was actually chosen with the flip of a coin. DH had chosen two names out of 500. A week before he was born, DH flipped the coin and fate chose Wheylan's name for him.

Briton and Ricky are deceased relatives. In my family we give honor to our family who have died by giving the names to our children. This also gives us hope that the spirit of the dead person is able to relive once again and be reborn in the child.

I also named my sister's kids for her. She couldn't come up with names on her own. Their names are AkierateamaDeJollie, Coliegh, and Leif.

AkierateamaDeJollie - This was my sister's original name before my parents shortened it to Kier DeJollie. I thought that my sister should give her the original name and she liked the idea.

Coliegh - This name is actually a version of Nicolé, which is a common name in our family. My sister wanted to honor my older sister Nicole, but because Nicole is still alive she had to change it to another name with the knowledge of her honoring.

Leif - My sister's husband actually chose this name, but my sister didn't want to go with it. I convinced her that it would be good for her husband to name their son and so she put it down as a surprise to her husband the day the baby was born. His middle name, Conner, was the one I chose for him and she agreed it would be a nice name to give and up until the day she died she called her son by his middle name.

ETA: I wish my sister hadn't named her daughter after herself now that she is gone. I now want to name my own daughter after my sister, but cannot because of my niece. Beyond that, no. I think their names definitaly fit them.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/a/autism_awareness-3292.gif

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM

well i named my Son Bryley Scott, i had that name and Zackery Ronald picked and when i saw him he just looked like a Bryley...i dont remember how i picked that out either, i think i saw it in a baby name book, just spelled differently.

and this time around, a friend of ours mentioned Levi which normally i wouldnt like but it just seems right for some reason, and iv had Kamrynn picked forever and SO loves it.

Randee..
Lover to Brandon..
Mommy to Bryley Scott 10.27.08
impatiently awaiting 'Levi' or 'Kamrynn' Summer 2010
[[...Thinking Pink...]]

Juniors3Girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Abbigail Brin is my oldest and her daddy picked out her name Abbigail (I seen this on this post already) means "fathers joy" so he was all about that and then Brin is from a book series he loves she was a warrior princess in the book.

Elizabeth Grace is my youngest and we picked her name together Elizabeth came from my husbands sister who past when she was 3 of cancer her name was Maggie Elizabeth and then Grace came from my step father daughter who past when she was only 3 days old she swallowed fluid when she was born her name was Rebecca Grace.

There is no way we could have came up with better names I wouls never change them 

Im a wife to an amazing man, a mommy to two perfect princesses. I love my crazy semi-organized life. I'm a vaccinating, disposable diaper, against-cio, front facing at a year, formula feeding, anti-abortion, spanking if needed, non- smoking and occasional drinking, 24 year old full time workin mommy and I wouldnt have it any other way. If anything in that offends you or rubs you the wrong way....to bad!

LKLMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:15 PM

my youngest (my '09 baby) is named Lillian Sophia. it was the first name that DH and i came across that we both agreed on, and we fell in love with it! turned out to be a perfect name for her because shes so girly and dainty.....lol. shes our little Lilly flower!! and Sophia was actually a name we wanted for her first name, but after finding out how popular it was, we moved it to be her middle name because we still loved it and wanted to use it.

her older siblings are named Lydia Isabelle, and Keenan Logan James (Logan)

Ashleybrooke126
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM

My daughter's name is Brooke Maria. The story of how we came up with the first name is actually somewhat funny. Before we found out the sex we had some names picked out for both genders, but nothing definite because I'm so damn indecisive. So one day we were sitting on the couch watching the Two and a Half Men episode that had Brooke Shields as a guest star, and it just clicked how much I loved that name. Haha. The middle name she shares with my mom. I wanted to honor her somewhat in the name so I chose for her to have the same middle name, Maria.

teammommmy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM

i have had my babies names picked out since i was 16 ( wierd i know LOL) but my oldest son is Jaden Nykalos and i named him.my middle child is Chastin Micheal and at first everyone hated it including my SO but later he suggested we use it.and now to my youngest and newest addition (shes a month old) her name is Aliviah Nicole.i wanted to use renee but the SO and i compromised. the other name i wanted to use was Emma. so instead of being Aliviah Renne we used the middle name i had for emma which was nicole. my middle son is case u want to know sounds like Ch as tin like the male form of the name Chasity.and Aliviah is a different spelling of the name olivia. and peronounced with an a instead of an o.

wouldnt change their names at all. plus i LOVE unique names and spellings.

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

i have :::::;

emily ade mae..  

emily is just something my mother talked me into.. and mae is after ex's grandmother.   Then my aunt ada kept sayin oooo ada is a great name to give her.    so add it all together and thats how we got it.

kaylin elizabeth

a month before we had her... we came up with this in mcdonalds parking lot lol   kay after my mother... lin after my name which is spelt differently.. evelyn  and elizabeth after my best friend

andrew edward

plain and simple named after his great grandfather

jonathan david

jonathan was from my dh's friend  John... and david is after my father.  david allen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)