Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do your babies feel about being upside down?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

My son likes being upside down. It started when he was about 6mths old. We would dance with him and dip him in our arms. As the months have gone by(he is now 14mnths old) he is hanging upside down with us holding on to him and his waist. He will even do backflips if he hangs down over our knees while we are stitting. He also loves looking at himself in the mirror when he is upside down.

When I put our son into daycare they were very suprised to find that he liked being upside down so much. They said they had never seen a child who liked being upside down. I was just wondering if anyone else has children that like to be upside down?

by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amandawebb
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM

both my neice and nephew love to be upside down. You'll be holding them, and they'll just throw their head back and their body away from you so that they are upside down. definitely tests your reflexes. They also love it when you pretend to drop them. My baby is still too young but we'll find out if she too likes being upside down

srhtinker1981
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM

At 4 months my son liked it. Now at 7 months, he still likes it.

Sarah

LeoVmom
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM

My son is 9 months old and he LOVES to be upside down he has for months now.  Maybe its a boy thing.

Stormywaters03
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Yeah, my little boy has always loved being upside down!  Since he was probably about 6 months I'd hold him by the bottom part of his torso and bounce him (hard to describe) but he about dies laughing.  Now, he's 15 months old and he scares me half the time, how he'll sit in a chair and wiggle himself around until his feet are where his back should be.  Terrible habit but sooooo cute! 

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM

My LO who just turned 1 LOVES to be upside down. I sit him facing me on my lap and dip him backwards. He also (much to my frustration) leans backwards in the Ergo...it's totally safe (he can't fall out) but other people get so nervous.

jeenw1019
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM

My daughter isi 9 months old and loves to be upside down.  I dont like it but daddy got that started.  She will stand up and lean way back while you are holding on to her hand and she wants to hang upside down.

Marimaru
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I have 2 nieces and a nephew that all love being upside down.  One of my nieces didn't like it until she was a little older, but my other niece loved it since she was little-tiny.  My nephew has always loved it too.  My baby is 3 months old, and granny tried to do upside down last night, and she's just not sure what to think of it at this point.  Not sure she doesn't like it, but not sure she likes it either.

Marimaru

Mommy of Isabelle Rose, born 10/11/2009

MikkiD85
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Both of my girls love being upset down unless they are in trouble. Daddy tries to plal with them when they are upset, trying to put them in a good mood, and that is the only time they don't like it.

Otherwise, I have two little ones that love being upside down. 

firenicecream
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 5:52 PM

They said that? Really? My toddler and infant are both just like yours. They LOVE it!!!!

jajamama
by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM

my son is 3 and does not like bieng upsede never did at all but the little one i watched a few years ago love it i mean form the time he was like 8months old till he was around 4 years old he loved being upsede down

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)