Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 2 week old has a stuffy nose..Anything I can do?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM
  • 3 Replies

Since last night it sounds like my 2 week old son has a stuffy nose(sounds like little piggy noises when he breathes in his nose sometimes)..he does not seem fussy about it or anything like that but I feel so bad for him. If I call his dr. what do pedi's usually say about this at such a young age? Is there anything at home I can do to help him out?? DH says we should try the little noses drops but shouldnt I okay that w/ his pedi?? I know that sounds all hysterical but I just feel bad for him and I don't want him to get sick...I feel bad b/c I've had a cold, and pretty much everyone else around here has too. I read that is common at this time for babies to get stuffy b/c they are getting used to everything in the air and babies who were c-section like him might have old mucus left in their nose and stuff? Thanks moms!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyAkaTiffany
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Get a humidifer I LOVE ours when my daughter is sick, hope he feels better soon!

expecting girltoddler girl

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

my son got really stuffy early on too.  I would have my hubby sit in the bathroom with him while I took a shower.  We did use the little noses saline drops with the nasal bulb thing.   Our pedi also told me to put vicks baby rub on a rag or something and tie it securely to his crib where he can't get it of course.   If he gets bad you can also elevate his crib slightly so he can breathe a little easier.  I think those are all the things we had recomended.  Hope he feels better!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:02 AM

First of all make sure that you keep cleaning out the nose for him. Then after that there is a couple things you can do to help. Steam up you bathroom and that should help to clear him up. Put something under his mattress like a small blanket to elevate the head a little while he sleeps. That will help him to breath better. And of course make sure he is drinking enough liquid. I hope he feels better soon.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)