Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who knows a bit about formula?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

I was wondering if the organic versions are any better than mainstream commercial brands. Do they still have most of the same icky stuff in them? I know still not as good as breast...but if one were going to use a formula, are they worth the extra money over other kinds?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ErinHill226
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM

really? Nobody has researched it or anything? Hmm...guess I will have to look it up myself somewhere. Poop.

marywilliams
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Quite honestly, I don't think of formula as "icky".  For some of us, it is a necessity.  Caroline was formula fed from the start and she's very healthy.  We used Nutramigen for the first 6 months since she had severe acid reflux.  After that we switched back to Nestle Good Start.  I'm not sure what the difference between regular and organic.  I'd be interested if you find anything!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

ErinHill226
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM

The main I found on organic formula sites...is that they don't have preservatives, they are made using milk from organically fed cows and using organic ingredients with no pesticides or chemical agents. The only issue is...I can't remember the bad stuff I read was in the mainstream formulas so I don't know if these being "organic" remedies some of the problems are not...?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)