Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's tax time again......

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

So does anyone have any special plans for their tax returns? Any vacations planned? DH and I have decided that we will pay off some bills so that we can hopefully be closer to getting out of debt. I hope that some day we can actually use our money to go away somewhere nice.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinaleann
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM

We are hopefully using part of our for a down pymt on a house. We are also paying off both CC's, our mini van, and a student loan. We are also wanting to get us a new bedroom suit. Then there will be some in savings!

proudmamafeb
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I have not fully decided what I will be doing yet. I want to pay off bills and with whatever is left I would love to gon vacation but we shall see!

GillyMarie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM

The plan was to use it to go to my aunts wedding in Jamaica in Sept. but i don't think that's going to happen :( its probably going to bills... 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Artistachica
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM

A few bills...and go shopping for the kids. They are the reason we get quite a bit back so we like to do a lil something for them.

My DF would like to take the kids to Disneyland but since we moved to CO from CA the trip will cost a lil more..lol

othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Paying medical bills off, putting a little in the bank, and some down on the mortgage. We also need a new couch and a long baby gate. After that we will se how much we have left.

marywilliams
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:00 PM

We'll be happy if we don't have to pay.  My husband is self-employed so we never get any taxes back.  Our goal is to break even - which mean we won't have to pay.  When I was working I had the taxes that were taken out of my paycheck adjusted each year so I got very little back.  I hate the thought of the government holding my money and not paying me interest!  It's only a little bit each paycheck, but I'd rather have it go to my 401k.

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

Katt709
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM

This is pretty much us too. DH is self employed and I used to be (plus my full time job) before being a SAHM so we've always owed. But we could probably pay the quarterly taxes and not have to owe at tax time, but I also do not like loaning the government interest free money! So we don't even pay quarterly - we just pay the small fine with our taxes at the end of the year. This year though, we are getting a small amount back because we had a baby - not enough to make plans with though.

Quoting marywilliams:

We'll be happy if we don't have to pay.  My husband is self-employed so we never get any taxes back.  Our goal is to break even - which mean we won't have to pay.  When I was working I had the taxes that were taken out of my paycheck adjusted each year so I got very little back.  I hate the thought of the government holding my money and not paying me interest!  It's only a little bit each paycheck, but I'd rather have it go to my 401k.

charlene_kyle
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM

We will be buying a car, a new sectional sofa, a fireplace and putting enough money back to heat our house next year. Whatever is left will go into the bank!

haileysmom2833
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Dang, how much are some of you getting back?  I don't know how I could do all of the things you mentioned with just my tax return.....y'all are lucky!!  I will use mine to pay our property taxes, and that is about it.  Last year, I had a whole $115 left after that, and I spent that on DD.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM

We would like to think we'll get some back but it's uncertain.  We have a personal business that has never had to pay in as we don't make much on it but we did move cross country and had a baby so we can hope that we'll get some back.  If we do, we have to catch up our loans from me being unemployed for 5 months and after that I might get a couple things for the kids and hopefully have some left for a nice dinner or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)