Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little girl's hair

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

Caroline is 13 months and has (unfortunately) my hair.  It grows fast and is a bit unruly for straight hair.  We've had her bangs trimmed once back in July and she is in need of another trim (has been for some time).  The last few days I have been putting it up in pigtails.  What do you do with your little girl's hair?  Feel free to post pics also!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marywilliams
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Someone give me some ideas.  I don't want a mullet-looking haircut like they usually do on babies.  I want her to look cute but don't like the idea of pigtails every day.

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

motherslove82
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Pigtails, ponytails, headbands, sometimes I fasten those little clips in the front to hold it back out of their faces.

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM

My DD is 11 months and still really bald so we do nothing with it.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

McKs0820
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Bump i need hair ideas for the future i barely even know how to put my hair in a ponytail lol

mom2coco_noah
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Chloe, my 4 year old, was bald from birth until she turned 2. Then her hair grew in curly and still is!

We do pig tails, ponytails, half up, braids, clipped to the side...lots of bows, hair bands, and clips!

This is her hair natural down...

Here is a pic of her hair half up/half down...

Here are pigtails braided...

Pigtails...

To the side...

kitkatmodel
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM

i have tried putting my daughters hair up she just turned 1 but her hair is nothing like mine which is very thick and long since i was a baby, hers is very fine and barley has any. She also doesnt like me putting anything in it like a head band or clips.  I hate it bc if she is not in a girly color they think she is a boy!

Trinity12.06.08
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Me too!! Every time I go out, someone takes a look at her and says, "What a handsome little boy! So good!", and I have to point out all the pink she is wearing and correct them... Yes, she wears pink all the time and people STILL think she is a boy!

Needless to say, I don't do anything with her hair because she has none (it is getting longer in the back and it is growing in curly!).... but we do put hats on her in the house (we think it's funny plus they're like little helmets for her, haha).

Quoting kitkatmodel:

i have tried putting my daughters hair up she just turned 1 but her hair is nothing like mine which is very thick and long since i was a baby, hers is very fine and barley has any. She also doesnt like me putting anything in it like a head band or clips.  I hate it bc if she is not in a girly color they think she is a boy!

tramcd
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:19 AM

I don't have any ideas.  My daughter has very curly hair so it just stays curly. Can't really do anything else to it.

baby boy           toddler girl

Aiden 11/24/2008           Meredith 08/10/2007 

excougarmama
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM

My dd is only 6 months old and has a head of big loopy red curls. So we dont do anything with it yet.

My other dd we used to put in french braids, braided pig tails, pony tails etc.......

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

swttgagurll
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM

My baby is 15 months and just now getting to the point that we can do a pebbles hair style.  I can tell her hair will be curly like mine and there isnt much you can do with curly hair.  The person that said something about everyone calling your little girl a boy, I dress mine in pink, she has a pink stroller and people still call her a boy cause she doesnt have any hair much.  We went out to eat one night and some kids at the next table said how old is she, thier mama said that is a boy not a girl and she was wearing pink.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)