Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouble with Vacuuming...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a 2yo and a 9 1/2 month old.  When it comes to cleaning, I did the same thing with both of them.  I vacuumed while they were awake and in the same room, because I did not want them afraid of it.  Well its working great with my 2yo but not so much for the baby.  The ONLY way i can get vaccuming done is if he is on my hip.  He is a big boy (27-28lbs) and gets heavy quickly.  Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
babygav09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Is that because he is crying?  I know my son sleeps through it

CafeMom Tickers
MommySwiggles
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Yea if I vacuum while he is sleeping it will startle him awake.  IfI vacuum while he is up, he will follow me around the room crying and sometimes get in my way.  That is why I pick him up.  And he is totally fine then.

Quoting babygav09:

Is that because he is crying?  I know my son sleeps through it

marywilliams
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I guess you could try a baby carrier of some sort.  I would just put Caroline in the pack and play or block off the room with a baby gate so she wouldn't get in the way.  She is fascinated by the Dyson and our dog's reaction to it.  She's probably sit on top of it if she could!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

lilydoyle
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:33 PM

my 9 month old's the same way. usually i either put her in another room or i just leave her on the floor. eventually she will grow out of it. she cries when it's on, unless i hold her, so i've given up holding her and just let her cry it out and get it done quickly. like i said, eventually she will grow out of it. however, my little one is VERY co-dependant, or mommy-obsessed, as some call it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)