Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex of baby....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

Did you find out the sex of your little ones? Why did you make your choice?  Would you find out with future babies?

I found out with my son because I wanted to be as prepared as I could and I knew I woud have a baby shower. I really didn't want to have all yellow and green. When I get prego again I want to be surprised. I think it would be exciting to have the surpise when he or she is born. Also I think it would be fun to drive everyone else crazy lol.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trinity12.06.08
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I found out the sex of my daughter beforehand. With the next one, I am not really sure. I want to know because like you, I want to be as prepared as possible, but on the other hand, I kind of don't want to know because I really would like a nice surprise. I think I could do neutral things without having yellow or green! I would do cream colors and maybe something else in the mis, but no greens yellows or blues (at least not til the baby came and then I could start adding more colors to match the sex!)

momma0ffive
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM

of course i wanted to knw with my first; boy  so thn of course i wanted to know with the second; girl i decided to be surpised with the third since i had one of each and then the dr. slipped (oops);boy  then my daughter got older and wanted a sister so with the fourth one we had to find out for her; another boy.  finally with the fifth we did the ultrasound to find the sex for my first dd and it said ;boy, but to me it just didn't feel right 2 months later i did a 3d ultrasound and it turned out it was actually a girl.  my first dd got her baby sister everyone has a brother and now we are done

kstanley_86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I found out because I also wanted to be prepared.  I didn't really believe the lady who did the sonogram though because I found out kind of early at 18 weeks, plus Audrey kept hiding her privates, so I thought maybe the lady had missed something.

CafeMom Tickers
lexienkyliesmom
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM

MY LEXIE WAS A SURPRISE I DIDNT WANT TO KNOW WITH KYLIE ROSE BUT HER DAD ASKED AND BEFORE I COULD SAY NO THE TEX SAID IT WAS A GIRL AND EMILY MY LAST WAS A SURPRISE I THINK THE END SUPRISE WAS THE BETTER THEN KNOWING

Schleetle
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I found out with my twin boys because I didn't even know I was having twins until 21wks, and I couldn't take anymore surprises. lol

With my DD I found out also. We orginally declined to find out her gender at the 'big u/s' because I was getting so much pressure from family to have a girl. I was getting really stressed with the comments even strangers were constantly saying they bet I wish this baby was a girl. We were TTC for 15 months so I didn't care - I just wanted this one to be a single baby. lol DH, and I both guessed she was a girl just from feelings we were having. A few weeks later I went for an elective u/s, and found out for sure she was a girl.

We don't plan on having anymore children, but if we do I'm not sure if we'll find out the gender before s/he arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

BethRae
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I did find out. I found out because there is just no one that I could go the rest of my pregnancy not knowing. It was hard enough to go the 20 weeks. lol. I am going to find out with the rest of my children too. I just feel that not only am I impatient but I also want to be able to buy stuff that isn't just neutral colors..

sktrowb
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I had 4 us trying to get all the measurements and see what sex she was... she was breach and would not move. I will find out again the next time. It was nice being able to have her room all set up with pretty pink and all girly.

CafeMom Tickers
excougarmama
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:47 AM

With my first child they wouldn't tell me. But I found out with all of the next 3. I am a control freak and I like to be organized and prepared. I will find out with this one too.

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

babymamaof3
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I have 3 boy's and each time I just had to know lol ,But when we try again and I am really hoping for a  girl I think it would be really fun to wait but I don't know if I have the patience or not .And if I did manage to wait I would take two outfits to the hospital 1 for a girl and 1 for a boy and I would have all the essentials already than after we left the hospital I would have a baby shower .

jennalynn92529
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM

When I was pregnant with my first baby I thought I wanted to be surprised but when I went in for the ultrasound I don't know where it came from but when she asked did I want to know I just said yes. I was told I was having a girl. Well I ended up developing preeclampsia and about 2 months before the due date I was ordered to have another ultrasound. That was when it was pretty clear that he was not a she! :) It took me some time to adjust because I had already bought some cute dresses and had a name picked out and everything. I've had 2 more boys since then and decided I had to know with both of them because I now only have boy clothes so if I had a girl I would need all new clothes. We are going to try again for a girl when my hubby gets home from deployment in 11 days! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)