Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found Mouse droppings ... Safe cleaning with baby???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

We live in an apartment.  Ten minutes ago I went to take out a container from the cabinet and found mouse droppings!!!!  I'm concerned with the cleanup with a three and a half month old in the house.  I did some internet research and kept finding a bleach and water mix to clean.  I'm afraid the fumes would be too much for the baby.  It's winter, so it's not like I can open the windows to air the fumes out.

So my first question is, has anyone dealt with this and knows of a baby-safe way to clean this mess up?

My second question is, do you think putting all the containers and dishes in the dishwashwer will properly clean our kitchen stuff?  It's not like I have the money to run out and replace our kitchen stuff.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chrystal299
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM

you could get a sink of hot water i mean almost boiling hot water and add a table spoon of bleach to it run your dishes through that first and then put them in the dishwasher and as for the bleach water in the kitchen go out and get clorox hard serface kitchen cleaner it has a nice smell or get lilac sented bleach.

Peps75
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Thank you so much.  That sounds safer for the baby than what I found online.  I really appreciate it.

Des10ed2b
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM

yuck! i hate bleach! it is so bad for you! go to www.healthysafeandclean.com and there is a list of products that are not safe to use around the baby! i started using natural cleaners in our house about 6 months ago and it has made a huge difference in our health.

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)