• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YES OR NO

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you believe in spanking?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
I spanked my son a few times for misbehaving and he didn't care, it didn't work. The only thing it did was make him hit and make me feel guilty. I'll tap him on the butt every now and then. Do I believe in it? To each their own.

_2_8_proud-mommy-of-2-boys.gif
ANTONIO 7/11/07 & MATEO 12/10/09

tangleballlover
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Yes. But I also have older children. :)

My philosophy on the matter is that I was spanked when I was little for things I did that were wrong, like lying and getting into things I wasn't supposed to and saying (repeating) bad words, etc. and I turned out okay and I don't hate my parents for disciplining me. At this point in time with my children...they only get spanked if they do something that could hurt them or hurt another person, like messing with outlets or cords. They are too little to "lie" and time-outs DO NOT work because they are high-energy, always on the go kids. :)

Ambereno144
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Yes and no.

We will use other discipline methods UNLESS she does something that could harm herself or others or if its the last resort. Other then that we will use time out or take a toy away. She is only 5 months so who knows what will work for her when she is older and misbehaving. All kids react differently to punishments. Time out doesn't work on every kid but we wont spank unless there is a good reason for it.

redspice4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Yes, as a last resort.

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

i dont think spanking like parents used to is okay, with utensils and belts etc and to the extreme...my sone is 15mo and he gets pats on the butt, more so it gets his attention because nothing else works. 

Randee..
Lover to Brandon..
Mommy to Bryley Scott 10.27.08
impatiently awaiting 'Levi' or 'Kamrynn' Summer 2010
[[...Thinking Pink...]]

mommy041807
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Yes, I believe in spanking...(not the baby ofcourse).  But I do use it as a form of punishment/attention getter when needed.  Its not an everyday thing but for offenses such as running in the street or other serious things.  Yes.

babies.gif picture by ColoringPagesByTanya

reux
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM

no

brwneyeddaisy1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Yes

Colie68
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Yes. My daughter is too young right now and I will try time outs first but as a last resort I would spank if it was effective. I got the wooden spoon and I turned out just fine and I love my mom, of coarse I would never use a spoon or anything else other than my flat hand on my daughter.

CafeMom Tickers
bellasmom870
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)