Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things you can't believe you've done since you've become a mommy..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

What are those things.. That make you think "What Did I just say?" What Did I just Do? ..

Me.. Lift my son up in the middle of the store and smell his bum and say "Did you poopy?" .. Or when DH is cleaning up his diaper and I ask "How much did he poop? Was it runny or normal? What about the color?" ..Haha.

cafemom babies scout

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Wish2Be
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I used a nasal aspirator to get some boogies out of DS nose. I didnt have anywhere to put it so I stuck it on my forearm and then got up to wipe it off.

I also Get really happy for dootie diapers. Its how I know everything is working the way it should be :)

~ Michelle 

CafeMom Tickers
kmstockwell
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Before I had kids I never would have imagined that I would be as comfortable as I am talking about bodily functions: "You got farts or poopy"  "Are you stinky?"  "Do you have to go peepee?"  "He threw up all over himself" etc etc.

Also, vomit completely grosses me out.. the smell usually makes me want to vomit.  But when my son had a stomach bug a year ago, I actually caught his throw up in my hand so it wouldn't get all over him.  That, my friend, is the defnition of a mommy :)

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I can't believe before I was a mom, I said I would never let my kids see me naked or go to the bathroom. I have had my daughter in the bathroom and she says "Wow, mommy, you did poopies on the potty!!!" lol. 

Chick
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Not really caring if some poop gets on my pants.

Being super excited about ds finally having a solid poop after 18 days of diarrhea, and telling everyone lol.

Going to pick up my dd  from school with sweet potatoes all over my shoulders from ds's hands bc I didn't wipe him down good enough, and not being at all embarrassed.

Aside from lots of gross stuff that no longer grosses me out... I never thought I would let them watch so much tv, tell them to shutup (for the first few years that word was not allowed but now I catch myself saying it, bad I know) and yelling so much. I never knew just how short tempered I was until I had kids. I didn't know I was a yeller. Trying to get a grip on that. I am a good mom for the most part, but I definitely have some things I need to work on. I thought I would be a bit more perfect when I was pregnant with my first and envisioning our lives together lol.

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I've purposely touched her poop because I thought something was in it.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)