• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What questions to ask at 1yr appt.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 4 Replies

My dd has her 1yr appt today. Besides the milk questions and the carseat ones, what else should I be asking her ped?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
busymom3910
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Is your childs speech where a one year olds should be.

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I'm not sure! I'm wondering that myself since ours is Feb. 16. Bump!

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

TonyaLea
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Discipline tactics, quantitiy/type of food info (how they feel about peanut butter, nuts, etc. after 1 year), You can about sippies (weaning from bottle, transitioning to sippy, transitioning to hard spout).  That is all the major 1 year things I can think of.

Group Owner: Cooking for Toddlers
Group Owner: Baby Food Basics - Cooking for Baby
Group Admin: Frugal & Thrifty Moms (Weekly Menu Planner)

sallymoon
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM

If you have car seat questions, I recommend asking a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.  Doctors are not required to know car seat safety or even car seat laws.  Although many do give decent advice on car seats, still many others give dangerous and/or illegal advice on the subject.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)