• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM
  • 32 Replies

come up with your little ones name? Is he/she named after a family member? Where both ouf you able to agree right away on a name? Did you already know the name before birth?

I named my son Troy Howard. Troy is my maiden name and I wanted it to carry on since I only have sisters. Howard is after my DH's grandfather who died before Troy came along. We were pretty sure that was going to be his name but we didn't say for sure until we got to meet him =]

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Our son, Gabriel Joseph was named after the angel Gabriel from the bible. Joseph is my father & my great grand father's name.

Our daughter, currently in utero, will be Madelyn Grace... purely just names we liked.

toybar02
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I named him after his father so hes a junior , I like the name kaylin but his father didn't really like it so I thought the only suitable name would be his fathers Lamont James Mcphatter

Brijet86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM

my sons name is trent aidan..My DH's mom remarried when my DH was 4 to his now step dad and their last name is trent so we thought it would be nice to make it our sons first name so he has both families in his name, as for aidan i just thought it was cute and me and my DH liked it.

CafeMom Tickers
Schleetle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM

For our twin boys... I had one boy name picked that I liked for years, and his middle name is DH's first name. For our second born twin he is named after DH's grandfather. For our daughter DH picked out her first name from a baby naming website, and neither of us heard it before. Then after we had her someone said the name was mentioned in Twilight (gag!)... I picked out her middle name because I just liked it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM

i have 3 children:

Alyssa Delyn Marie; Alyssa was the only name we could agree on, DeLyn was my moms middle name, Marie was after a grandma who helped me dearly when i found out i was pregnant and dies 2 and a half weeks before i had DD.

Shawna Ann Marie; My moms first name was Shawna, so we named her after my mom but wanted her to have her own name too so we added the A, Ann is after another grandma who is awsome, and Marie in this case is after my grandma and so they both have two middle names.

Ethan Gregory Lee; Ethan just kinda hit me and daddy wasnt going to have a choice.. though he liked it too, Gregory is after my father, and Lee is a family middle name.

mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Quoting Schleetle:

For our twin boys... I had one boy name picked that I liked for years, and his middle name is DH's first name. For our second born twin he is named after DH's grandfather. For our daughter DH picked out her first name from a baby naming website, and neither of us heard it before. Then after we had her someone said the name was mentioned in Twilight (gag!)... I picked out her middle name because I just liked it.

whats her name???

bpelzel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:08 PM

my daughters name is Haley Rose. i picked out haley because i thought it was pretty.. my hubby picked out which spelling to use. then my maiden name was rose so i wanted to keep it in the family....

jkestler
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM

my baby name is Hector Roberto. Hector is my fathers name and Roberto is my husband, my father in law and my 4 brothers in law middle name

kstanley_86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

My dd's name is Audrey Rae.  Audrey was the first name we actually agreed on, we started discussing names almost as soon as I found out I was preg. and at 18 weeks when we found out we were having a girl Audrey was chosen that same day.  Ray is my BF's middle name, my dad's middle name, and it was my BF's dad's first name who passed away when my BF was about 2 yrs old, we just changed the spelling to make it more feminine

CafeMom Tickers
Schleetle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Embry Charlotte

Quoting mommyjenn84:

Quoting Schleetle:

whats her name???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)