Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

similiac go and grow

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my boyfriend baught me some formula yester day for our 6 month old and i guess he was not paying attention and accidently baught the Similac go and grow for 9 to 24 months, instead of the regular infant similac early sheild. she has been eating this since last night and i noticed she had trouble pooping today and after her nap she SCREAMED for a good 10 minutes for no reason. i did everything and she cried until she settled herself down. thats when i looked at her formula and realised my bf picked up the wrong one! so i was wondering, do you think i should stop giving her this type of formula? is it bad to give to younger babies? i would really hate to go out and buy another one, we are money tight and barely can buy a container a week. but does anyone else have experience with this and could tell me about this go and grow?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I am not sure. Here is a bump for you though. I have never tried the go and grow stuff.

marissaj125
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM

thnx, i did google, but im not coming up with anything good

Quoting othermom:

I am not sure. Here is a bump for you though. I have never tried the go and grow stuff.

kstanley_86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM

You shouldn't give it to her, when my DD was little I accidently bought that kind and I returned it because the one you have has more iron and more vitamins then the reg. formula.  A baby can get iron poisining if they get too much.  Do they have WIC (women, infant, children) where you live?  If not, it's this program that supplies formula, baby cereal, and baby food, regular food for moms until the baby is I want to say 6 months, and after the baby is a yr you get reg. food.  If they don't have WIC they may have something that goes by another name.  If you can get on something like that I highly recomend it because as your baby gets older formula will get really expensive.  I got on WIC when my dd was a few months old and I wish I had gotten it while I was preg.   If I were you I would save the formula you got until she's 9 months and go buy another can.

CafeMom Tickers
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I would say write the can ingredients and I can compare them to the regular similac formula, but there are just so many ingrediants on them.

Quoting marissaj125:

thnx, i did google, but im not coming up with anything good

Quoting othermom:

hayleysmom23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I would call their customer service number. sorry I never used the go and grow formula.

CafeMom Tickers
marissaj125
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM

oh wow really? i do not qualify for wic.

Quoting kstanley_86:

You shouldn't give it to her, when my DD was little I accidently bought that kind and I returned it because the one you have has more iron and more vitamins then the reg. formula.  A baby can get iron poisining if they get too much.  Do they have WIC (women, infant, children) where you live?  If not, it's this program that supplies formula, baby cereal, and baby food, regular food for moms until the baby is I want to say 6 months, and after the baby is a yr you get reg. food.  If they don't have WIC they may have something that goes by another name.  If you can get on something like that I highly recomend it because as your baby gets older formula will get really expensive.  I got on WIC when my dd was a few months old and I wish I had gotten it while I was preg.   If I were you I would save the formula you got until she's 9 months and go buy another can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)