Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin-off of "YES OR NO"

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm always curious to hear the other stories...

If you were spanked as a child..

What were you spanked for (what offense)? Which parent did it? Did they use a belt or a paddle or their hand?

Are you going to spank like your parents or modify their discipline routine that they used on you for your kids?

I ask these questions because I was spanked when I was little. Mostly for disobedience. If I lied or did something I was directly told not to. My stepdad was the one who dealt the spankings and he often used the belt. There was one time when I was in middle school that we were out at the campground and I think I had talked back to him and he took me around the side of the RV and spanked me once with a fishing pole (it wasn't threaded up or hooked yet). It left a big red welt on the back of my legs where he hit me. I don't hate him for spanking me, but I do know that I don't want to use a belt or anything BUT my hand on my kids. Because I feel my stepdad did overstep the line a little bit there.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abbysmommy429
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I was spanked, but it only took a few times for me to learn.

I was spanked for head butting my aunt, while she was sleeping and quickly learned not to do that! 

I was spanked for throwing a shrimp across the restaurant and learned not to throw food, but in my defense... I thought it bit me!

Lastly, I was spanked for trying to run away in my Barbie jeep and hiding from my aunt in a department store, so I learned not to hide or run away!

That is all and I learned quick! I will spank w/ my hand if necessary, but hopefully she will be a quick learner too!

CafeMom Tickers
lvnmysldr
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I was spanked with either a hand or a belt for things such as disobedience, back-talking, lying, etc.  I spank my daughter, but only with my hand and only if she does something really bad.  Most of the time she gets sent to time-out.

mommy_mpoon
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

All 4 of us were spanked growing up, mainly for being disobedient. They never used anything to hit us except their hands and it was usually on the "behind" or thigh. When we don't listen after numerous reminders to stop doing certain things, when we throw tantrums, come home late when we are outside playing (after they've already told us to come inside)...things like that.

NoSlippy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM

We were spanked when we were little, but only when we've done (or not done) something really serious. I can't even remember now if those time ever did happen. I think my father spanked my sister when she directly refused to follow his orders and started talking back. Other than that, I can't really remember. It's very rare that it happens. We're more the sit-down-and-talk type of family. So when we are spanked, we know we did something reaaaally wrong.

Ambereno144
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Yes we were spanked...my sister WAY more then me because all they had to do was say "Amber Nicole" in a stern voice and I would cry like they had beaten me...I hope that is how Kenlee is too lol.

My parents never used a spoon or belt. Just their hands. Usually it was my mom who did the spanking.

I will only spank if its necessary and I wont use anything but my hand. I will try other methods before I use spanking unless she does something that could seriously harm herself or others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)