Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

I suffer from extreme insomnia due to emotional trauma from my SO but the last month or so when I FINALLY end up falling asleep I keep randomly having STRANGE dreams.

I also am having dreams that I've left my son in the car by accident. My last one, my mom and I went into the mall, shopped and shopped, ate lunch and I stopped and was like..."wait we're missing something" and all of a sudden in a panic I say "OMG THE BABY! I left the baby in the car!!!!"   It is a really traumatic dream I wake up crying from. I've had these dreams about 6 or 7 times.

Anyone else have these kind of dreams? I'm constantly looking in the backseat while we're in the car or or in the stroller to make sure I have him.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Guinevere168
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM

My dreams used to be fun and bizarre before I was pregnant, now they seem quite boring and somewhat based on a (possible) reality. I too have had those dreams about misplacing or forgetting the baby. I still have dreams where someone is chasing after me, but now they're more intense because I remember that  I'm a mom in my dreams.

Dreams suck, now.

JBDsmommy08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM

The last time I remember having crazy dreams like this is when I was pregnant. I KNOW for a 100% fact that I'm NOT pregnant so I'm not sure what's going on w/ the dreams.

I think it has a lot to do with the things I'm dealing with the SO and I believe it's a symbolically meaning that I'm afraid I'm going to loose everything.

firenicecream
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I have crazy dreams sometimes but I know it stems from the fact that I worry about my babies so much. I love them and never want anything bad to happen to them.

Mae264
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM

I have dreams like that all the time except mine or more grim like kidnapping or SIDS and everytime I have to remind myself it's just a dream but it makes me nervous. I think the things that go on in this world is what is causing this for me. As a mom and a parent we are drawn to more stories that involve children and most of those stories are grim filled with kidnapping, child abuse neglect, and all kinds of horrible things. Everytime I see a story like that about a child my nightmares get worse and usually they have something to do with the story I saw or read about. It's totally normal to dream like that. I think as women and especially as mothers we tend to question our abilities as a mother even if we never think it even in  our most private moments it still comes out in our dreams. I always believe that your dreams have some meaning to them mine has to do with watching to much news stories and being able to put myself in their shoes I guess you could say it's my biggest fear something happening to one of my children. I think your dreams relate to the fact that in some way you are afraid you are not going to be a good mother which all mothers think at one time or another. It definatly has no reflection on you as a mother but on your biggest fear which is not being a good mother. Sorry I wasn't try to analyze you or anything just trying to give you some insight.

tangleballlover
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I think it just sounds like your real life stress is causing you to stress in your dreams too :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)