Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rear facing car seats?? (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 14 Replies

So i'm pretty sure Kieran is about 20 lbs now.  he isn't 1 year old (nor would i want to FF him now even if i could) So i was just curious if anyone knew which larger RF seat is good? We can't afford a super expensive seat, but i would like for him to be comfortable. So any help would be highly apreciated. Thanx.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xynyth
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I just picked up a Graco MyRide 65 for $120. It rf's to 40 lbs and FF to 65! Well, well worth the money.

marywilliams
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Check out some of the car seat groups here for good ideas.  We didn't use an infant carrier, we used a convertible car seat from early on.  Caroline had terrible reflux and that infant carrier seemed to make it worse.  You can go to some of the stores and try out the car seats - also, some will allow you to actually install the model in your car to see if it will fit.  Caroline wasn't 20 pounds at the one year mark so it wasn't even an option for us.  I do want to keep her rear facing until at least 2.  Based on our family history, her weight won't be an issue, nor should her height.  I guess we'll see how it goes.

ashthecat
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Me and DH are 6ft tall, so of course my lil man is a big man lol. he is only 4 mos about 20 lbs and 28 in. ( i won't know his exact measurements until his 4 mo appointment on mon.) plus i drive a toyota corolla so car seats for our family seem to be a problem. our legs are all too long.

jridgill
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM

• Car Seat Safety

• Check out this group. They give great advice and are very helpful.

ashthecat
    by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Thanx guys. it didn't even occur to me there would be a group for just this question. of course i should've known there is a CM group for just about everything.

tnz2229
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Cosco Scenera is a good, cheaper option.  I got mine for $35 on sale, I think, and it RF to 35 pounds.  It's not super fancy, but it is safe!

Xynyth
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Agreed, both my kids were in those until a few weeks ago. My oldest just outgrew it but we still keep one as the spare for the baby.

Quoting tnz2229:

Cosco Scenera is a good, cheaper option.  I got mine for $35 on sale, I think, and it RF to 35 pounds.  It's not super fancy, but it is safe!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

jus1jess
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Radians!! I'm getting an XT as soon as I can. It RFs to 45lbs, pretty tall, and has great safety ratings. It is about $300, but it's good for 8 years =)

JoeyJrsMomma
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:58 AM

This is a wonderful group! They will help you so much! You can give them the measurements of you child and your budget and they will tell you the best car seat for you!

Quoting jridgill:

• Car Seat Safety

• Check out this group. They give great advice and are very helpful.

marriedmomma3
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Britax are the best

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)