Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats wrong with him??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

So I have this question and am in dire need to get it answered.!!!!

I thought my on was having reflux but I googled it and the symptoms arent really what he has. the main one being puking, and he isnt much of a puker. everyonece in a while he will (maybe once a day if that) and I figure its because he either ate to fast or ate to much.

ANYWAY ....... after eating it is the worst he will have burps but he like gasps for air (like it burns) and continuesly swallow while gasping.  It happens over and over and over, and he will scream/cry with some like it hurts really bad. I have no idea what this is and if there is anything I can do for him here at home before I call a dr and make him an apointment.  I also google colic this morning and this is not that. 

maybe some helpfull info... He is breastfed, and uses a pacifier almost religiously.

thanks for any help anyone can give :)

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennaFoix
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

bump :( i need help.

mrs.reece
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

hav eyou changed anything in your diet? sometimes that will have an effect on the baby! It really sounds like he does have acid reflux and the best thing you can do at this point is to take him to the doctor. my little guy had reflux but it wasn't anythig but the vomiting.  good luck mama!!!

sugargoo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

It sounds exactly like acid reflux.  think about it...you said like it burns...well it does feel like it burns when you get it.  I would definatley get him into the doc asap.  good luck

baby boy

Mommy of a breast fed, fully vaccinated, sleeping through the night, little mushroom head.

nevergiveupmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

It kinda does sound like acid reflux. Try changing your diet and I would def take him in to the docs right away. Its always best to be safe then sorry.

Loving mommy to four beautiful babies

hangoutcorner.com

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Sorry I don't know. Can you talk to his pedi? Bump for other mom's to respond with some helpful information!

First Weight Loss Goal to be out of Overweight!

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

JennaFoix
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:51 AM

thanks!!! Im pretty certain its reflux as well. My poor baby I feel so bad for him. its really weird because I havent changed my diet at all really and it just started last night in the middle of the night.

SuprMom12042702
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM

silent reflux, reflux can be there without the puking. Think about when you have had heartburn and you burp and it hurts, thats exactly what he is feeling. Google silent reflux and see if that matches your symptoms then take him to the pedi and get him either zantac {works wonders for my 4 month old} or others have their babies on prevacid

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM

It could be still be reflux. I would take him to the pedi.

erinsmom1964
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Google Silent Reflux that is what my daughter has and she never pukes.

CafeMom Tickers

erinsmom1964
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Zantac only works on very mild cases of reflux silent or otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)