• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diaper changes

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

I was reading a post in another group about changing diapers in public and it made me think of something.

My son is absolutely terrified of the changing tables that are in restrooms. I have no idea why and was wondering if any other mommy's children are like this. I don't use a changing table at home, never had one. When I put him up on it, he doesn't want to lay down and will hold his legs stiff making it almost impossible to get the diaper off and get a clean one on. He's never fallen or anything, I just don't know why he's so scared. He's 20 months by the way.

valentines-hearts-1.gif picture by amayabrianna

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DeziiRee
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM

my son was scared to death of them until he got to the pull up stage.. i think he felt like he as gonna fall. which i dont blame him there have been some that i just pulled his pants back up and toke him out to my car bc they felt unsafe to me. so thats prob why. not he can just stand up for me to change him. if he poos we just go to the car, or i hurry shopping so we can go home or someones house. bc i hate getting looks when he is crying bc he is scared of those stupid things.

heatherann0221
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

oh and I also want to mention it's not just the ones that pull down from the wall that he's scared of. The mall where I live has a dedicated "sink" where the changing thing is built into it and he's still scared.

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Sorry I have no advice. I never change my daughter in public, but I've used a changing table since birth. Hope some of the other mom's here can help!

First Weight Loss Goal to be out of Overweight!

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

twinsontheway08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:20 AM

My 16 month old twins are the same way and have been since they were just a few months old. We started keeping a changing pad in the car and just changed them on one of our seats.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I take my kids to the car. I have never changed my child in a public restroom, I am a germophobe.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I don't use those restroom changing tables because they are a pain, and I don't like public restrooms anyway. I usually lay a receiving blanket on the seat of the car to change her there. I also have put the shade up on her stroller, and changed her in there with a receiving blanket under her bum.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Megan711
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:33 PM

my son is almost 20 months old too and he HATED the changing tables for the longest time.  For some reason though the past 2 times i have used one he has been fine with it. Im not sure.  Maybe he is growing out of the stage of caring.  I try and wait till I get home though or I use the car over a public restroom. But if i have to, i have to! I dont really have much advice but my son was the exact same way up until the last 2 times.  I never used a changing table at home though.  I would just throw a blanket on the couch or bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)