Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

April Fools?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you celebrate April Fools Day? What are some of the best pranks you have pulled off? Have you found any around CafeMom yet?

Options:

Yes, I love April Fools Day!

No, I hate it!

Eh, take it or leave it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

Congratulations you found one of our Easter Eggs!  Click here to let us know you found it!
Easter Egg Hunt Game- Let's Play

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gizzy22
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I dont celerbate it. I dont hate it. But i dont think its a real holiday to worry about celebrating lol..

banneyrooster
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I didnt vote cause I dont "hate" April Fools day but I dont actually celebrate it.  The kids seem to get more of a kick out of it than anyone else around here.  yet some of the kids, when one of the other kids, "fool" them they get mad about it yet if they are the one doing the fooling its all funny then! LOL 

tangleballlover
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I love April Fool's :) I'm gonna try and get my DH later today :))

Also...the gnome is ADORABLE!

armywife43
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM

lol yeah it is!

Quoting tangleballlover:

I love April Fool's :) I'm gonna try and get my DH later today :))

Also...the gnome is ADORABLE!

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM

No. I HATE April Fool's Day!

First Weight Loss Goal to be out of Overweight!

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I hate April Fool's day. I think it's just silly and pointless.

hopelessdork
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I don't hate it but don't really celebrate it either.

PrincessNicole
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I have pulled so many pranks on April Fools Day in the past.

There was the time when I was in college and I tape recorded the sound of bees buzzing. I knew my roommate was afraid of bees. I put the tape in her stereo and pushed play but then turned the power off.  I turned the volume all the way down and kept the remote in my bed.  I waited until she was almost asleep and then I turned the stereo on and slowly turned the sound up.  She shot up out of bed, turned the light on and ran to her stereo.  She yelled, "Bees! Bees are in my speakers!" and then she ran from the room screaming.

When I worked at a hospital, I shared an office with another girl and I played a prank on her every year.  One year she was constantly complaining that the office was too cold and kept the heat turned up. When she came in April Fools morning, I had turned our office into a "beach", and I was "sunning" myself on the floor in a beach chair.  Another time she complained that she worked so much, she might as well live there.  So I turned our office into a house, complete with a porta-potty.  But the best one I pulled on her was when I cleared out all of my stuff and made it look like I was gone.  When she came in, I had the nursing director tell her that I had gotten fired. 

Yeah, I'm the master.  LOL

Schleetle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Last year on April Fool's Day I was celebrating because its when I had my pregnancy confirmed with DD. I was so excited, but didn't want to tell my family because I figured they'd think I was kidding which would mess up the announcement. LoL I don't usually play jokes, but I think it can be funny.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

do11face
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I'm not generally a fan of practical jokes.

Santiago Cruz                                                  Isabel Violet
                                9-14-06                                                           2-3-09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)