Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

saving money...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

what do you do to save money? 

-clip coupons, print coupons, shop online...

what are some of the ways  you save money on everyday household items/needed items or just the fun/wanted stuff?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I only buy things I know I'm going to need and I try to buy as much onsale or clearance as I can. I shop around for deals. I make a lot of my food from scratch.

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I wish I could save more money! One thing I've learned recently is that some stores have a very reasonable return policy -- so even if you don't have the receipt you can still return something you're disatisfied with and they'll give you store credit. Of course you HAVE to check the store's policy, but it's saved me money a couple of times.

I try to clip coupons, buy online with free shipping, and use up all the food in my house before I go out and buy more. Even the vegetables that I can't get anyone to eat :-).

tangleballlover
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I plan meals. You wouldn't think it makes that much difference...but it does :) I plan meals for the week and grocery shop Sat/Sun.

I try to set a goal for the minimum amount of money I want in our bank account at all times and then I "pretend" like we have no money when it gets to that point.

I watch our bank account very closely and I like to keep track of what is getting spent. When my bank statement comes in the mail, I look at places where we could be more frugal with our money. :)

lyndallsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Using cloth diapers has been a huge $$ savings.

I try to shop at consignment stores for my girls. I find great deals on name brands like Gap, Ralph Lauren and others that I couldn't afford to normally buy. It's getting hard now that Lyndall is older though.

I'm not a good meal planner. I wish I was better at it. DH is picky, won't eat meat w/ bones, doesn't like pork etc. I love my crock pot. Just getting to know it so hopefully someday I'll be a pro! Love to buy roasts on sale and make stews in it.

I do clip coupons but rarely save more than 25%.

Kim

in lovebreastfeedinggirl on a swing

Kim & Alan              Mia                     Lyndall

8/2/03                10/1/2008             3/20/05

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)