Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing time zones?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 3 Replies

We're getting ready to move back to the west coast. My baby is on a great schedule right now and I'm a little worried that the 2 hour time change (2 hours earlier) will throw her off. Has anyone made a move like that and if so did it affect your little one? If so, what did you do?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM

we haven't made any permanent moves like that but we had an hour time change when we visited family for 3 weeks. i was nervous about the time change as well but it went suprisingly well! you may have to stick with the schedule you have now and slowly adapt your LO to the new schedule with the new time change. good luck!

gacgbaker
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM

We have done the move between time zones several times and it does take some adjusting... so just remember to be patient with things.  No matter what, with all the changes your little one will get thrown off, but eventually you will all readjust.

Congratulations you found one of our Easter Eggs!  Click here to let us know you found it!
Easter Egg Hunt Game- Let's Play

PhilsBabyMama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM

We moved from Alaska to Maryland and there was a 4 hour time difference.  It did affect Maddox's sleep schedule some from what I remember.  I just kept letting him sleep when he was tired and he regulated his schedule pretty quickly.  I don't remember it being a big problem.  He was 8 months old at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)