Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long are you using a normal infant car seat?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM
  • 56 Replies

When did you move up to one of the rear facing seats that isn't the infant carrier type?  My baby is so long that his feet are about to poke out the end and I was just wondering if one of the rear facing transitional seats would be more comfortable.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelicangel09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM

my DD grew out of her infant carrier at 9 months old. We switched to a convertable car seat. Now shes 19 months old in a 5 pt harness booster seat that will fit her up to 80 lbs.

mommy2mason09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Mason is 10 1/2 months old and we switched him to a convertible car seat 2 weeks ago. He was 90-95th % for height so yeap he outgrew his infant seat length wise. I love his new seat though. It is a MY RIDE....it sits up to 65lbs i believe.........

Army_Wife41
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM

We switched DS at 7 months. He was a hefty boy, so he was more comfortable in a convertible. We like his MyRide 65. It is safe, comfortable, and affordable. Can't beat that. DD will also be in a MyRide 65 when she is big enough to fit in it comfortably. But for now...she is using her big brother's infant carrier :-P

baby

CafeMom Tickers

AJsMama09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM

We  moved Anthony when he was 3.5months

Ashtonsmommy529
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I switched Molly to a rear facing bigger seat at 7 months. But in our truck she still uses her infant carries, because for some reason we cannot get the bigger seat to fit right in the truck!

do11face
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Around 4 months we switched to a convertible car seat.

Those infant carriers are heavy. I hate them.

Santiago Cruz                                                  Isabel Violet
                                9-14-06                                                           2-3-09

misssy2000
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Betwwwn 6-9 months I make really chubby babies. SO at that age they were way to tall and fat for the car seat.

TexasRDA
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Yeah, it is starting to really hurt to carry.  I'm a dental assistant so my shoulders hurt from leaning over patients all day anyways.  The heavy carseat doesn't help.

Quoting do11face:

Around 4 months we switched to a convertible car seat.

Those infant carriers are heavy. I hate them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
mama_girl07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

As long as he has an inch above his head of car seat shell he still fits height wise. I swithced my oldest to a convertible at 4 months and my youngest at 10 1/2 months because they outgrew their carriers height wise. They are now both in True fit premiers rf at 3 and 1.

meladtke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

They should face backwards till they are a year old or at least 20 ilbs. personally i would not change till 1 year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)