Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies and Cell Phones?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM
  • 62 Replies

As a mom, I am noticing it is pretty common for other moms to hand over the cell phone to keep baby/toddler occupied when they get a little fussy.

I don't do this with my phone just because I am nervous about her dropping it... have you ever given your baby the phone to keep her/him busy?

Congratulations you found one of our Easter Eggs!  Click here to let us know you found it!
Easter Egg Hunt Game- Let's Play

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:06 PM

yes. we have blackberry is there is a abc download. it lockes the phone so baby can not call random people and when they hit a button it tells them the letter, number ect they hit

MissiHampt
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Maybe if I still had a cheap phone I would.  But blackberries cost a lot to replace if they get drool in the keypad....

ambermario4ever
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

no they have toy phone to play with i am not going to give them my expensive nice phone to play with 

-PB
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Quoting hailnbray:

yes. we have blackberry is there is a abc download. it lockes the phone so baby can not call random people and when they hit a button it tells them the letter, number ect they hit

DH has that too but DD doesn't care for it.  She just wants to chew on the phone.  lol 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Yes but I've also never had an expensive phone. We just get the free ones or hand-me-downs from other people. Plus, all the phones I've had were pretty resilient-I can be clumsy and probably dropped my phone a lot more often than my daughter did when she was younger. Lol!

hailnbray
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM

neither of my kids really put things in their mouth. this game wasnt really used till maybe 8-9 months ago and my son will b 3 next week so its not fun for little babies. there was a christmas one that was like it too. u hit the buttons and it sang songs or showed pics of raindeer ect.

Quoting -PB:

Quoting hailnbray:

DH has that too but DD doesn't care for it.  She just wants to chew on the phone.  lol 

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

pickettsgirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

yes. it works like a charm. the lights and buttons are mesmerizing for babies and toddlers. i payed extra for insurance with drool protection(water damage). about 10 dollars extra per month. I love Tmobile. but its good for everything... including when my bf got angry and threw it in the toilet. haha

Schleetle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I let my baby touch my phone, but I don't give it to her because I know it will get slobbered on.

kassee
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

yes i gave my son mine and he drooled all over it and i had to get a new one because the drool got inside of the phone, now i dont let him play with my new one

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM

No, but they always try to go for them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)