Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you make? ...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

How many of you make your own baby food and if so how do you do it if its diffrent from someone else ...

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttaylor1998
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I made all my own baby food.  There is a great group on here called Homemade Baby Food.  Tons of great tips. =)

mamalinzie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:19 PM

She just ate table food. Never did pureed stuff.  I figured that she when she was ready for food, she could pick it up, put it in her mouth, chew, swallow, and not choke. =)

Ambereno144
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM

yep I make my own. Wholesomebabyfood.com is the best website for recipes that I have found :]

laceynelson
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I did both.

JenniferZiemba
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Thanks for the website.  I am getting lots of good tips.

Quoting Ambereno144:

yep I make my own. Wholesomebabyfood.com is the best website for recipes that I have found :]

tyrelsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 12:56 AM
For purees, it's pretty simple. Some stuff you have to steam first, some you do raw, then you put it in a blender or food processor until it's pureed. Then put it in ice cube trays, freeze it, pop the cubes out into a freezer bag, and label and date it.
Mom71307
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I make my own. I steam or boil or bake what I am going to use then I mash it with a potato masher or in the food processor depending on how smooth I need it.  Then I freeze it in ice cube trays and once it is frozen I put it in tupperware in the freezer.  I use a cube or two of whatever and let it thaw in the fridge or counter. 

LKLMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM

i just steamed everything, and used my food processor to puree it...and as my kids got older, i just made the food chunkier. all 3 of my kids hated the jarred food. and making your own food is soooo easy!!

i made extra, and froze it in icecube trays.

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Sorry I don't make my own but I am looking into it for my next baby!

First Weight Loss Goal to be out of Overweight!

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

Katt709
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I second this website! Love it.

I made all of his food. I started with purees at 6 months, although I rarely ever needed a processor. I usually just steamed or baked veggies and fruits and mashed them well. If I needed them to be more smooth, I put them in my little 2 cup processor and pureed. 

Now, the only time I use the processor is to make him applesauce. He's 9.5 months old and eats bits and pieces of just about anythign. He likes to feed himself and I usually just give him things off my plate.  (He only has 2 teeth and 2 he's workign on!)

Quoting Ambereno144:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)