Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That Mom

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 AM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone else dealing with that mom? The mom that says her baby is doing things way out of reach for their development. There is a woman on another website I go on that says her daughter is so advanced. Well, she doesn't come out and say it that way. But she tells us of all the things her daughter is doing. Some of it doesn't make any sense. Then again I don't know when babies cut their first tooth either. But it just seems so fake. Ugh! Ok, I'm good.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Babies cut teeth when they cut them, some are born with teeth.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:29 AM

I think I'm one of those moms lol but dd didn't really do anything way out of reach for her age just usually a month or 2 earlier than most other kids but then she also has some stuff that she did right when she was supposed to.

by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:44 AM
My daughter did stuff that was extremely advanced, things that developmentally she shouldn't have been able to do. Now she is in 4th grade and tests beyond high school. But she had 12 teeth at a year, potty trained at 1, wrote her name at 3, knew all her colors and shapes at 2. Some kids are just ahead. My son waited to crawl till 8 months, he got teeth at 5 months. I think he's more on time. Anyway all babies develop when their ready.
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Oh yeah I have a few of those making me feel like crap since Joseph was born. It turn out that when I was expecting him a few women in my DH family and friends of mine were preggo at the same time. Well I had s preemie and of course they had term babies, well the thing is that as Joseph had being growing they LOVE to rub in my face all the things their babies can do and mine cant because he is behind. I HATE THAT because as much I want to ignore them it really hurt because is my kid you know and no parent want to feel like her kid is less. Even other people I know make rude comments like ''Do you see what HER baby can do? Does your can make that too? NO? Weird? lol My son had been late on everything. On one side I think is good because I felt like I had a baby for more time than they have I mean I dont want him to grow too fast hehehe. Last thing one of those ''MOMS'' did to me was that I talk to one of my friends on the phone and she have a girl same age as Joseph and her DD was a term baby well she was bragging about all her kid can say and ask me if Joseph is speaking yet. I said NO and she said ''Oh well he will do it'' then a few minutes later she post on facebook a note saying ''I'm so glad my little girl can talk so well I'm so lucky because I know other kids cant. The best thing is hearing her say Mommy I love you. What other moms are missing'' I mean I wanted to kill her. But I have found out that maybe what my son can do their cant. My son is very independent and their have a hard time dealing with anxiety separation :)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:46 AM

That's probably because there are some of those babies that do everything advanced. We have preemie twins at my work and one of them was walking when she was 7 months old! Like full on walking not holding onto things. Her brother is 12 months and still holding onto things to walk. So yeah, some babies definitely do things way early while others are average and/or late.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM

experts say that it really doesn't matter when they reach milestones like crawling, walking it doesn't make them " smarter " than any other kid because they all develope at their own pace. But they have noticed that kids that recognize emotions early on seem to have a higher IQ, like if they sympathize if you are sad or if they develope problem solving skills early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)