Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As if I don't have enough problems already.....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just tripped and fell.  I think I broke my foot (or at least a toe or two).  It's throbbing and swelling now.  I'm thinking it'll be a really pretty shade of purple shortly.   Unfortunately, I'm also pregnant so there isn't much that can be done.  I have it elevated and ice on it, but I took some Tylenol an hour or so before it happened (for something else) so I can't take anymore yet.

The baby is not happy - he's kicking up a storm.  I'm just relieved that he's moving and I don't have to worry about him.  I didn't land on my belly, I tripped and landed on my toes and knees.

I feel like a real idiot!

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tangleballlover
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM

((Hugs)) I fell down the stairs once when I was pregnant. Really it was 2 steps and I landed on my butt, but it just scares you to death when you're pregnant and you fall, no matter if you hit the belly or not!

babygomez
by April on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Ouch!! But yay baby is kicking :) I broke my big toe once went to the dr. and  there was nothing they could do for it being so small..but i did like you did...elevate it with ice and popped some Tylenol too. Sorry. You're not an idiot!l0l..it happens :(

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

(((hugs)) I hope things improve for you soon. I think we all have days like this!

I'm glad baby is kicking!!! That's a great sign = )

I hope things get better = )

kelza
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Aww I hope your day gets better soon. Your poor foot!

My balance was terrible when I was pregnant. I fell a few times, it's so scary.

Glad to hear your baby is kicking up a storm!

Tatersmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

follow the the 15 minutes on 15 minutes off.  your toes or foot will began to swell just to protect itself from the cold. good luck mama, and your not an idiot.  we have all had something happen to us.  i slipped and landed on my butt when i was about 8 mos preggo on a cement floor just to keep a doll house from falling on my son.  my butt and pride hurt the worse!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)