Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we've come a long way, baby! (kinda long & pic heavy)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

My dd Annabelle will be 8 mo. on wednesday. These are pics from delivery day and today...

August 21, 2009. DD was born at 10:18am after the doc ordered an emergency c-section. I was started in pitocin, given iv pain meds, and two epidurals. I developed chorio (a uterin infection) and a 104° temp which resulted in a severe headache and uncontrolable shaking. Doc did the surgery and I heard a very faint cry and then I passed out. They had to put me out right after she was pulled from my tummy because I was hysterical. I could feel the pain and pulling of the infection even after 2 epidurals. They rushed her to the NICU b/c of a fever and she wasn't breathing properly b/c of swollowing the meconium. I wasn't able to see my baby for the first time until 30 hours after birth.

Now she is as healthy as can be. She is such a funny girl. So full of life. She is my sunshine & the apple of her daddy's eye. I live my days watching her smile and laugh. She fills my heart with so much love and my soul with so much happiness. I waited so long for her and she is the most perfect & beautiful thing I could ever imagine. We are so proud of her!!! I just wanted to share my little blessing.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kelza
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Aww she is adorable! Isn't it amazing how times flies by!

babygomez
by April on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Aww, thank you for sharing :) What a special story..one you can tell her all about one day..She's a cutie pie!

~btw...30 HOURS after birth?!?! :'( I can only imagine that feeling...you'll have her for a lifetime now♥

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM

she is beautiful! sorry you had such a rough delivery. i am glad you and baby are both ok!

babygomez
by April on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Oh, i noticed your baby had an IV in her hand..my daughter needed one too due to my fever throughout labor & delivery. It broke my heart to see her with one♥:(

rosatr5
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM

She is beautiful! I had a uterin infection too, but after I had my c-section.  I had all the symptoms at the hospital but the nurses didn't say anything. When I went home it just got worse with the fevers and shaking until I finally went to the Dr. and got some meds. I couldn't imagine not seeing my baby for 30 hrs after delivery, I know I didn't see my son for 2 hrs after his delivery and I was upset that they gave me so much meds to make me pass out!

alandou
by April on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Quoting babygomez:

Oh, i noticed your baby had an IV in her hand..my daughter needed one too due to my fever throughout labor & delivery. It broke my heart to see her with one♥:(

Yes, she and I both had one for a week of antibiotics from the infection. I cried so hard for her because they had to put it in her feet and her head as well. Her poor little veins were just all bruised. For months after she came home she was still sensitive whenever we tried to put something over her head or pull her hands through a shirt or even putting socks on.

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Yay!

babygomez
by April on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Quoting alandou:

Quoting babygomez:

Yes, she and I both had one for a week of antibiotics from the infection. I cried so hard for her because they had to put it in her feet and her head as well. Her poor little veins were just all bruised. For months after she came home she was still sensitive whenever we tried to put somethinglover her head or pull her hands through a shirt or even putting socks on.

simple frownPoor little mama♥

swebert2000
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

You brought tears to my eyes with your story. I am so happy for you. Hugs and Kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)