Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did you...? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Walk to make your contractions start? My doctor stripped my membranes today and told me to start walking even though my contractions are already 8 to 12 minutes apart. Well I went home and tried to walk but the only thing that prompted was a bowel movement. Tried walking again a little later and the same thing. They dont want the baby to get to big but they wont induce until 39 weeks because of a new policy at the NICU hospital in my area. Any suggestions cause at 37 weeks she is already 7 and a half pounds.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tangleballlover
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

To be honest, walking won't help. Stripping your membranes actually doesn't do much either. Baby will come when baby wants to, unfortunately.

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I'm sorry, I have never had my membranes stripped. Good luck momma = )

tangleballlover
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Forgot to mention, I had my membranes stripped...it didn't do anything. LOL

Sorchasmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Stripping my membranes and walking helped me last time but I was 39 weeks not 37 but my doctor cant induce me.....sigh

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:09 PM

i took multiple walks a day (about 20 min long) every day for the last week or so of my pregnancy. i never got my membranes stripped or any of that. but i also bounced on my exercise ball and had lots of sex with my DH lol. she came 2 days before the due date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)