Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you wait until the second trimester?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am wondering how many of you chose to wait until the second trimester to tell you loved ones about the new miracle. Who did you tell first? I was pretty close to the second trimester but only because I didn't find out until I was 11 weeks. I told my parents first and then just continued calling until everyone knew lol.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_2b_2010
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:33 PM

i was 3 months when i found out i was pregnant, my dad spilled the beans to the whole family! lol

Armymom134
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Nope, we told everyone when I got the positive pregnancy test with this pregnancy. Its our last baby so we wanted to share it as soon as we found out.

dolphingurl1286
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM

NO I told a few people as soon as I took hpt. But waited to tell the rest until I got it confirmed by the dr.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM

No I think we waited a couple weeks. I told my sister, and one of my friends right away though.

butterflyblu
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Nope I didn't wait with either of my kids to tell.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:04 PM

well i found out i was pregnant at 4 weeks and told my mom at 6 weeks because i was only 17. i told my sister and brother around 7 weeks but waited to tell my dad and grandma around 13 weeks. i never told the rest of the family, it just kinda came out when i started getting big lol. we never made a formal announcement or anything.

Luvmybooskies
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Haha no I was on the phone within minutes of my positive test. For my first DD I waited to tell my mom because I wanted to do it in person, my hubby and Bestie were the first two to find out. Then with my second I couldn't hold it in and I called my mom right away and actually told my Bestie in person.

djspacegirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM

nope.  i told my parents right away every time.  i was told, after my first miscarriage, that it would help NOT to tell everyone quite so early but after thinking about it, i decided that i'd rather them know so they would be there for me if i lost the baby rather than just pretend it didn't happen, kwim?

marywilliams
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM

The first time we didn't wait - didn't realize most people waited.  The second time we told everyone early and then lost the baby at about 7 weeks.  That was hard.  With this one, we did wait.  It was more for ourselves than for anyone.

ladykoontz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM

we waited until i was 3 months along, we told our parents first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)