Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound question

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

When I was pregnant with dd I had 3 ultrasounds. The first was vaginal, around 5 wks, the second was around 5 months to determine sex, the third was around 38 weeks. Well I'm getting 3 with this pregnancy too, my first was around 9 weeks, vaginal, the second between 4 & 5 months, & the third is scheduled for next week. I'll be 29 weeks pregnant. Isn't it a little early to be doing the last US? I have a regular app this Thurs. & I'm going to ask him, but was wondering when all of you got your last US before baby was born? I thought the last one was to make sure the baby was ready to be born, so it would be closer to due date? Am I wrong about that?

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, Loving wife to Curtis, And expecting a handsome little boy in July!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Honeybun09
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I got an ultrasound at 38 weeks because my daughter was measuring 4-6 weeks small.

Ambereno144
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I only got 2 Ultrasounds my last one was at 19 weeks when the determined her sex.

Katt709
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:31 PM

My doctor only does 2 U/Ss. One at the initial appointment to determine gestational age and due date. And another at around 20 weeks. Any further ones are to see about problems and/or for fun. I think if you wanted to wait, you should tell them you want to wait. If they have a specific reason to do it now, they'll let you know. Otherwise, YAY, you get to see baby again!

glamour.mommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I only got two as well. The last one was at 20 weeks for an anatomy scan.

erinbills
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM

for me I got an ultrasound every week from about 34 weeks on and a growth one every month. they marked me with hypertension so I had to go more and with #2 I had gestational diabetes. My friend went to the same doc and me and wasn't scheduled to get any but the initial ultrasound to determine due date she ended up having more at the end cause she was measuring small. I don't think one a the end is routine. Some doctors never do one at all unless you are at risk

Sarah725
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I had one in the middle with my son and a lot of them at the end with my daughter because she was measuring so big.  Just ask the doctor his/her thinking.

Amanda904
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I wish I could be of more help, but since I had twins, I had to have one every month up until I was 8 months and then was supposed to start having them every week, but I went into labor the night of my last monthly ultrasound.

Brays-mama
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I believe I had 4 or 5. The last one I was 41 weeks and they were checking to see if he was still breach cuz i was begging to be induced, and thankfully I was cuz the amniotic fluid was really low and they sent me straight to the hospital to be hooked up to the monitors and he was born just a few hours later.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM

idk i only got one u/s at 19 wks as a routine u/s but since i had such a low-risk pregnancy i only got the one u/s the entire time. bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)