Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone told the wrong gender?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM
  • 14 Replies

just curious if anyone out there was told one gender and the baby came out the other...they keep telling me its a girl but im still paranoid to buy all girl stuff and i was wondering just how often they are wrong?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twinboysmom22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:10 AM

My parents were told i was a boy.  Haha but I haven't heard of it happening much lately.  I am sure you are ok!

Jenn8604
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Well my friend was told 5 1/2 yrs ago she was having a boy. She decided to name the baby Matthew Thomas. Well boy was she surprised when her baby was born 7 wks early and matthew thomas didnt have the right equipment for being a boy. She was a girl and named Emily.

momma0ffive
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:19 AM

all my ultrasoubds with all my kiddos were right .....except my last, they told me she was a boy when i had my ultrasound at 17 weeks, in my heart i knew they were wrong.   I went and paid for a 3D ultrasound at 29weeks and sure enough i was right she was a girl!

mamiagain
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:23 AM

I was told I was having a girl at numerous ultrasounds and had a boy.  I had everything pink my mom had to go buy him something for us to take him home in. 

ALOUDWHISPER
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:35 AM

my friend was told her entire pregnancy that she was having a girl (never a good u/s pic so i didn't know) & everytime it was girl i was there when the baby was born out he came & i went it's a boy in shock & the doctor goes was it a surprise lol no you told her the entire time it was a girl he was like oh. so it does happen i think it happens more with saying it's a girl & it being a boy i'm pretty good at reading part shots if you need help in the opinion or go get a 3d those are really neat i did with both my girls

Coasties_Girl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Its a LOT more rare now days than it was years ago. Especially with the 3D ultra sounds. They often mistake the umbilical cord for a penis. Especially in earlier ultrasounds (i.e before 20 weeks gestation).

Jennasmom08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:08 AM

It just happened with someone I know. She was told boy and she came out all girl.

butterflyblu
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Nope.  It was obvious both of mine were boys!  My SIL was told her daughter was a boy so they bought all this blue and surprise it was a girl!

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Mine was right.

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

Schleetle
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM

A woman in the Dec. babies group was told girl by u/s, and had a boy. All my ultrasounds were correct on the gender.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)