• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I sound just like my mother!"

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM
  • 5 Replies

Anyone used to hate something that your mom or dad always said? One of those things that you just swore you would never say!

When my sisters or I would do something wrong, after we apologized and saw my mom was still upset we would say "Im sorry mom, its ok." And every single time she would yell "NO! Its NOT ok!" I hated hearing her say that.

I now have a 2 yr old and 2 month old and my 2yr old prefers to poop in her pull up. So whe ever she does I tell her your not supposed to, they are for babies, not big girls, you must go in the potty etc. After a few seeconds she a;ways walks over and goes its ok mommy =] and rubbs my arm lol. And everytime without thinking I say no its not ok! I told my mom last night how much I used to hate hearing her say it and I cant stop myself lol.

So come on ladies....what are things that make you think you sound just like your mother and you never thought you would say those words?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ProudMom52308
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I used to hate when my sister and I were younger and would cry or whine about something and my mother would say "want me to give you something to cry about?!" And now when my DD is whining over absolutely nothing I find myself saying the same thing!

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Not yet. My mom and I have different parenting styles, and I've learned a lot taking childhood classes at college, for STARS, and working for a daycare. I'm just kind of adapting some of the skills, phrases, discilipinary issues from all of that and bringing it into my home and going from there. Though there are a few things I agree with how my mom did things and I will definitely do them when the time comes but for now, my daughter is only 14 months so we don't really have many issues at all.

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

aliyanez
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

My mom use to say "do you want a spanking?" and I have said this on more then one occasion. but I see myself doing little things that my mom would do and I make a effort not to do them.. trying to be a different parent

MarriedJess
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM

The ones I use are just funny, when I was growing up I would think oh I can't wait to say that to my kids...when I would waste my food and they would say something about starving children: I say this to my daughter sometimes and when I was an adolescent my dad would sneak food onto my plate and say "Eat it" in this almost joking tone and now I love saying to my son (who is 3 mos old) when he falls asleep during nursing

there may be bad ones that I say and dont want to say but I cannot think of them right now

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM

LOL this reminded me of something funny. My cousin asked her son (at the time he was 2 1/2, close to 3) if he wanted a spanking, and he yelled "YES!" and then proceeded to spank himself. She almost wet herself laughing.

Quoting aliyanez:

My mom use to say "do you want a spanking?" and I have said this on more then one occasion. but I see myself doing little things that my mom would do and I make a effort not to do them.. trying to be a different parent

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)