Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Mom

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM
  • 1 Replies

I am a new mom to a 4 day old now. How long did it take for your child to regulate their Bowel Movements? My child had several in the hospital and once we have gotten home has not had one yet. The doctor said some babies only have one once every few days, but of course I am going to worry. My child doesn't seem bothered or uncomfortable in any way.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

It might be regular for your LO NOT to have a BM every day. For my daughter, her regular BM is once a day, usually in the morning. However, I know children at the daycare I work at that go two or three times a day because that's what's normal for them. Others don't go except every few days, which is what's normal for them.

I wouldn't worry until small little pebbles come out or if your LO cries during a BM or it's completely liquid like diarreha. It might help ease your mind to do a "potty" chart. You can document when your LO goes BM and at what time so it gives you the comfort you need that nothing's wrong with your LO or if you notice something off, you know you have something to show the doctor.

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)